The Notwist
shame
Moonchild Sanelly
Jamie Lenman
Hotel Lux
Low Island
Lacuna Common

(Last 2 local bands)
I've got tickets for Porridge Radio at the Bully in November - surely gigs should be possible by then?

I've got tickets for Porridge Radio at the Bully in November - surely gigs should be possible by then?
Hopefully. Kanadia just announced a Bully show for the 30th July, which I think is pushing it a bit.

Just got tickets for Low Island at The Jericho on September 3rd. No doubt the fixture planners will allocate us a home match that night at Sky's Request

Keep the recommendations for interesting new bands coming, folks!

I've discovered some stuff I really like from this thread (y)(y)(y)

I paid for my first ever live Internet gig last week, The Clause played some new stuff with a full stage setup. It was good to support them, but boy do I need to see the inside of a venue.

Keep the recommendations for interesting new bands coming, folks!

I've discovered some stuff I really like from this thread (y)(y)(y)

An Oxford based band I always find myself going back to for a listen - Spring Offensive. Saw them at the Port Mahon and Chester Arms few years back - really good! Unfortunately no longer together 🙁

Also, Smilex (Oxford based) ive seen many times over the yrs 🤟🏻😎

Jo Ann Hamilton & The Kevin Fingier Collective- September/ I Love Without A love ........ Imo a scorching double sider heavily inspired by 60s Rn B / Soul/Funk.... released on 23 April- hence there only being a 55sec taster of the Jazzy flavoured pounder September available at the moment

Going for a fairly diverse set of new albums but the Dry Cleaning album on 4AD is great, as is the For Those I Love eponymous album ( a sort of Irish Streets - apologies if that doesn't do it credit, link to the first single below) and I'm still playing the joint Femi & Made Kuti album Stop The Hate/For(e)ward.

Oh, and also the Dukes of Stratosphear mini album 25 O'Clock from the vaults.

Going for a fairly diverse set of new albums but the Dry Cleaning album on 4AD is great, as is the For Those I Love eponymous album ( a sort of Irish Streets - apologies if that doesn't do it credit, link to the first single below) and I'm still playing the joint Femi & Made Kuti album Stop The Hate/For(e)ward.

Oh, and also the Dukes of Stratosphear mini album 25 O'Clock from the vaults.

Immediately checks out Femi and Made Kuti album…

Listening to it right now. Will report back. They’re great live too.
I streamed it earlier whilst working, enjoyed it, but really need to sit down and actually listen to it.

Back
Top Bottom