What have you been listening to lately?

Andy Bell (ride / oasis ) The Indica Gallery remix ep. / view from half way down album
Ed O’Brien (Radiohead)/ EOB : earth album

Also after my King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard marathon , I am currently on a Bob Mould marathon with the box sets of his post Hüsker Dü releases.

'Infinite Pleasure' by The Pale White is released today, should you fancy some guitars in your life.

If anyone is, like me, fond of what my daughter calls 'weirdo music' then Steve Davis (yes, that one) has a good show aided and abetted by Kavus Torabi (of Gong, Knifeword etc) on the Alan Partridge sounding Phoenix FM.

Hours of listening there, and much of it is recent stuff rather than just playing old faves.

If, like me, you like a bit of funk, jazz, soul etc. then this on line station is not bad. The DJs are not BBC standard but the choice of music is good and there is no advertising, no news bulletins, no sport, in fact, other than a bit of maybe dodgy talk from the DJs, no interruptions at all.
It is available via smart speaker or on line.
Jazz, funk, soul radio

If anyone is, like me, fond of what my daughter calls 'weirdo music' then Steve Davis (yes, that one) has a good show aided and abetted by Kavus Torabi (of Gong, Knifeword etc) on the Alan Partridge sounding Phoenix FM.

Hours of listening there, and much of it is recent stuff rather than just playing old faves.
He was due to do a DJ Set at the Bullingdon late 2019 early 2020, don't know if it went ahead
Didn't he once hire out Hammersmith Odeon or similar, so he could put on a gig by his favourite band Magma

He was due to do a DJ Set at the Bullingdon late 2019 early 2020, don't know if it went ahead
Didn't he once hire out Hammersmith Odeon or similar, so he could put on a gig by his favourite band Magma
The Bloomsbury Theatre for three nights. He lost a fortune - there were 14 people in Magma at the time!

Magma themselves never really appealed to me - too bombastic, and singing in a made up language in occasionally 'operatic' voices was not something I could really take!!!

He, Steve 'interesting' Davis , was at one time an avid collector of rare soul original records....he was heavily involved with Voices From The Shadows rare soul magazine & rare record list & label during the 90s....met him several times at the Voices ' nights at Canal Tavern , Thorne (nr hull) ...he often had a sales box with some (err) interesting rare original soul 45s with him.....I haggled a copy of Milton Parker - Women like it harder off him for a good price :)........

Listened to a bit of Springsteen today
Not the biggest fan in the world by any means
But 36 years ago today I saw him at Wembley and wow what a gig it was

Royal Blood...just seem to make banger after banger.
I do acknowledge though that if you don't like one song, then you won't like any.

Oh, and ABBA and Aretha Franklin as well...

He is fantastic live. I saw him at Wembley also.
And he never does a short set!

Depending what kind of relationship you had/have with your old man.....

Depending what kind of relationship you had/have with your old man.....

He started the set with this song, just him his guitar and a harmonica, apparantly every other night of the tour the opening song was Born in the USA

Back
Top Bottom