WWC 19: Holland V Japan 25/6/19

Sarge

God like member
8pm kick off ... final match in the last 16 .... should be a close match with Japan as the very slight favourites in this one

decent so far , Holland 1 -0 up after 16

Japan so nearly hit back almost immediately ... same as aginst Lionesses, great and fast, build up, but lacked a proper finish

still 1-0

Superb build up , and finish (this time) Holland 1 Japan 1 ... this is a decent game

Decent game that ...Japan the better team overall 2nd half, hit the crossbar as well as worked Holland's keeper ( who had a great game) .... 89th min pen , against the run of play too.... Holland go through 2-1

Decent game that ...Japan the better team overall 2nd half, hit the crossbar as well as worked Holland's keeper ( who had a great game) .... 89th min pen , against the run of play too.... Holland go through 2-1

Yep. Japan bossed the second half. Didn't deserve to lose it.

Just looked at the highlights of this. Japan were unlucky lo lose, but once again I have issues with the 90th minute penalty. The ball was whacked at the Japanese player from about a yard away. Her arm wasn't out horizontal, but in a perfectly natural position - in fact she was turning away. Now the penalty was correctly given so far as the rewritten rule is concerned - but surely the rule is wrong? It surely cannot be that ball + arm = penalty in every circumstance unless the arm is actually straight down by your side? The amount of penalties (and retaken penalties) in this competition has been ridiculous.
Can someone tell me whether this new 'interpretation' of the rules is going to apply to our matches next season?

Just looked at the highlights of this. Japan were unlucky lo lose, but once again I have issues with the 90th minute penalty. The ball was whacked at the Japanese player from about a yard away. Her arm wasn't out horizontal, but in a perfectly natural position - in fact she was turning away. Now the penalty was correctly given so far as the rewritten rule is concerned - but surely the rule is wrong? It surely cannot be that ball + arm = penalty in every circumstance unless the arm is actually straight down by your side? The amount of penalties (and retaken penalties) in this competition has been ridiculous.
Can someone tell me whether this new 'interpretation' of the rules is going to apply to our matches next season?
not certain re 'new' handball rule being used in EFL ... think I read somewhere that it would be ( without VAR)?

Agree that it was a seriously harsh penalty in last nights WWC game

Back
Top Bottom