General Yesteryear

Taken directly from the Peter Hucker school of goalkicks. Same trajectory into the crowd and everything.
I also have a vague memory of PT taking a free kick in home game that went over the bar higher than any other I've ever seen?

I also have a vague memory of PT taking a free kick in home game that went over the bar higher than any other I've ever seen?
Fence End I think wasn't it, probably went into the bowling alley as it was that wild.

After Rushden went under, Kettering Town played there for a period.

Both Nene Park and Rockingham Road have been dismantled for housing. A real shame, Rockingham Road was a fantastic atmosphere on the Tuesday night game there, a lovely old school ground. Nene Park had that fabulous away end which put our East Stand to shame.

The midweek match just after Wilder took over. The birthday boy, a certain Gosport resident and the smoke bomb.

There was an Alex Jeannin one I think that nearly went over the East Stand!

ON THIS DAY:

September 18th 1958 - Happy Birthday John Aldridge !

CAU-lxKWYAAp4Qr

EvRViDRXEAYtDY4

EyW0ppYXIAYHuF3

ON THIS DAY : Saturday 16th October 1982

Newly created Central TV showed highlights of FL matches featuring Midlands based clubs on a Saturday evening slot.
Jim Smith’s United triumphed 4-2 at the Manor over Walsall on this day 39 years ago.

UTD : R Burton - D Linney G Briggs M Shotton D Fogg - G Barnett R Train T Hebberd K Brock - P Foley. N Whatmore

Att: 4,732

Last edited:
ON THIS DAY : Saturday 26th October 1982

Newly created Central TV showed highlights of FL matches featuring Midlands based clubs on a Saturday evening slot.
Jim Smith’s United triumphed 4-2 at the Manor over Walsall on this day 39 years ago.

UTD : R Burton - D Linney G Briggs M Shotton D Fogg - G Barnett R Train T Hebberd K Brock - P Foley. N Whatmore

Fantastic clip. You can see the legendary team beginning to come together. Always good to see footage of Burton and Foley playing, two of my first Oxford heroes.

ON THIS DAY : Saturday 26th October 1982

39 years ago!! Remember the stalling of the penalty as if it were, oh, 20 years ago.

First goal: crossed by a Rolls Royce and headed home by an armoured car. Even without Bobby McDonald and pre Dave Langham, the crossing ability in that team was amazing.
Yep. How many right footed players do you see put in a left footed cross like Hebberd did these days? One of the most underrated players ever. Would have played for England had he been at a 'fashionable' club.

How could have we forgotten the 0 4 I think, away to Bristol City on 10th October.

ON THIS DAY: November 3rd 1992

Oxford Utd draw 5-5 with Portsmouth at the Manor.
The U’s we’re trailing 2-5 with just a few minutes remaining.

EIcerUsWsAAwMCA

ON THIS DAY: November 3rd 1992

Oxford Utd draw 5-5 with Portsmouth at the Manor.
The U’s we’re trailing 2-5 with just a few minutes remaining.

EIcerUsWsAAwMCA
By a few minutes I think it was 4... It was still 3-5 when we went into stoppage time. I will never forget that game, the elation for snatching a point at the death despite being completely outplayed for 85 minutes!

By a few minutes I think it was 4... It was still 3-5 when we went into stoppage time. I will never forget that game, the elation for snatching a point at the death despite being completely outplayed for 85 minutes!

Meh, I didn't go to that, for no particular reason ... I remember my mates mocking me in the pub afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom