Home Match Day Thread +++ 01/02/2020 L1 OUFC V Blackpool FC +++

No, we might have ended up with Sartori and his millions, until eels pulled the plug, and didn't seem to let the deal go through.
"paranoid innuendo?" Sorry, but the facts seem pretty clear. KR, wasn't able to do the business he wanted, and we sold players in the dying embers of the window, after being told we didn't need to sell players.

Go to the other end of the scale, the same end as Sartori being in charge, having a board prepared to invest in players as many teams did to better themselves. We are in pole position to push on with the addition's KR wanted. Now that task is made very much harder.

A once in a generation opportunity, in a league with no dominant teams, that may be lost because of a board looking to develop the Oxford brand in South East Asia, that still thinks it can pull the wool over Oxford United fans, as shown by zaki's pre-match interview.

How's Sartori done with his investment at Sunderland? Donald has had to take out a loan for instance from some Americans, those millions haven't helped Sunderland much.

No, we might have ended up with Sartori and his millions, until eels pulled the plug, and didn't seem to let the deal go through.
"paranoid innuendo?" Sorry, but the facts seem pretty clear. KR, wasn't able to do the business he wanted, and we sold players in the dying embers of the window, after being told we didn't need to sell players.

Go to the other end of the scale, the same end as Sartori being in charge, having a board prepared to invest in players as many teams did to better themselves. We are in pole position to push on with the addition's KR wanted. Now that task is made very much harder.

A once in a generation opportunity, in a league with no dominant teams, that may be lost because of a board looking to develop the Oxford brand in South East Asia, that still thinks it can pull the wool over Oxford United fans, as shown by zaki's pre-match interview.

Satori was never going to invest millions, he was always the face of the bid by SD and Chas, which makes it all the more disingenuous when you consider that both were coming on here telling us how amazing Satori was.

Time will tell, but I think we dodged a bullet there and may one day thank DE for genuinely having the clubs best interests at heart.

Here's a chain of events that could have happened over the transfer window, which would have presented a more joined up approach to running the club, and one which I think fans would have understood better...

1 - sell Fosbap early in the window
2 - justify it by using the book balancing argument and be clear about our league ambitions. Hopeful but not hanging our hat on promotion.
3 - bring in Kelly, Holland, Browne, Thorne and Atkinson
4 - Bring in a full back, after spending August to December lining up several options for a Cadden replacement.
5 - sew up business with a week to spare

Result - balanced squad, fanbase appeased. Not happier about losing key players, but everyone clear about the club aims.

All sounds easy and I know there are elements that are simply out of control, I'm sure there is also some psychology and reasoning behind why it went how it went...but the way it was handled wasnt great. I agree totally with the idea of a DoF. We need to manage that side of the business better. I rate KR as a manager and love his passion, fwiw, I'm still confident the board will continue to bring success to the club, things have and are improving.

Anyways...we move on. Here's to a quality showing from us tomorrow.

That the Fos/Bap decision wasn't financial

Unable to answer question regarding Buy out clause

A lot of waffle and non committal generalisation about how the club is being managed.

Vocabulary.com defines drival as boring, nonsensical or useless information.

So I'd say my description was on the money.

I’ll think you’ll find dictionary.com doesn’t define drival at all…

Satori was never going to invest millions, he was always the face of the bid by SD and Chas, which makes it all the more disingenuous when you consider that both were coming on here telling us how amazing Satori was.

Time will tell, but I think we dodged a bullet there and may one day thank DE for genuinely having the clubs best interests at heart.

With all due respect, in reality, no one really knows how it might have turned out. As a businessman, would Eales not have wanted to have received the highest bidder, especially with a background in venture capita?

With all due respect, in reality, no one really knows how it might have turned out. As a businessman, would Eales not have wanted to have received the highest bidder, especially with a background in venture capita?
When you have a virtually identical deal taking place at another club less than a year after the Oxford deal was proposed then I think you can have a reasonable guess as to how things would turn out.

Back
Top Bottom