Away Match Day Thread 01/03/22 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

What a whopper of a birthday. Work all day, can't see anyone as still recovering from Covid, chicken for dinner didn't defrost so rubbish dinner, no messages from any of my mates, just family, and now an OUFC loss and our rivals all win. Bloody hate birthdays.

One of those nights, unfortunately. Strange refereeing performance, but other than the no pen call on Taylor didn't actually affect the result. Win the next 2 and it won't matter too much, still in our hands. Night all.
Belated Happy Birthday!

Interesting observation on the time wasting and their fans. Makes a lot of sense. It gave them a pantomime villain on our side to attack, rather than slowly turning on their side as passes were misplaced and touches went astray - as they probably would have done. As a result, the atmosphere was building all the way through the first half, the ref lost his head, and you really felt their goals were coming.

One to learn from for the players and KR you feel, after our gradual adoption this season of shithousing techniques.
I really, really don’t want us to be known as a team that time-wastes. Do we really want to be as unpopular as Gillingham, Wycombe etc in League One? We’re not even very good at it!

I really, really don’t want us to be known as a team that time-wastes. Do we really want to be as unpopular as Gillingham, Wycombe etc in League One? We’re not even very good at it!
I’d rather we were known for being incredibly dangerous and high scoring. But not for being easy to beat and score against.

I heard Fat B******d chants but not any racist chants. Imagination running away with you there.

Though they did also start the "sex offender" chant about "Mr Pompey" for a couple of rounds but it didn't catch on. As above, calling someone a sex offender in jest or not is not on.
Fair enough, I've now had the chance to read through the thread and no-one else who was at the game seems to have heard the chant that me and the steward next to me thought we had heard. Apologies.

We’d love to have the best of both worlds. But I do enjoy watching attractive football even if it’s nerve wracking sometimes….
Oh god yes , this is a great period. I stopped going when Atkins was in charge. But it’s frustrating because we could be that bit better.

Only controlled the first 10 minutes. Pompey been the better team for the other 35 mins.
We were the best team for the next 80 minutes. What a crap club you have. Your fans stopped singing after 2-1. As always. Mostly students, I guess. Fair play to you for supporting a team that no one else ever thinks about. Sure that must embarrass you. 3 superb Pompey goals. I'm sure you will agree. See you guys next year.

I'll admit. You always do good numbers. Fair play to you. I'm just here to wind some up after the ridiculous sending off of Morell at your place and the way your players reacted.

Good luck this season. If we can't go up (we won't), then I hope you can.

Last edited:
We were the best team for the next 80 minutes. What a crap club you have. Your fans stopped singing after 2-1. As always. Mostly students, I guess. Fair play to you for supporting a team that no one else ever thinks about. Sure that must embarrass you. 3 superb Pompey goals. I'm sure you will agree. See you guys next year.

You seem a bright chap.

I'll admit. You always do good numbers. Fair play to you. I'm just here to wind some up after the ridiculous sending off of Morell at your place and the way your players reacted.

That crap club with no fans are in 4th your team are 11 points behind enough said I think

I haven’t read this whole thread but much of it
Having watched highlights a few times
The headed goal, it appears that Sam isn’t close enough, he’s moved out just by a couple of yards which means the ball goes over his head for a free header, Moore would have been closer and he’s taller, so I don’t think we would have conceded if he had been playing
Then Sam plays their player onside……
The third is a screamer but he’s not being closed down
We are conceding too many goals from outside the area
Jack hasn’t been at his best since he’s come back into the team tbh
Sam isn’t the answer to Moore
We miss him a RB

I haven’t read this whole thread but much of it
Having watched highlights a few times
The headed goal, it appears that Sam isn’t close enough, he’s moved out just by a couple of yards which means the ball goes over his head for a free header, Moore would have been closer and he’s taller, so I don’t think we would have conceded if he had been playing
Then Sam plays their player onside……
The third is a screamer but he’s not being closed down
We are conceding too many goals from outside the area
Jack hasn’t been at his best since he’s come back into the team tbh
Sam isn’t the answer to Moore
We miss him a RB
Imo Williams has been better at RB than long has this season we definitely missed Moore at CB and I think Stevens is becoming abit of a liability with the amount of goals he's conceding he definitely isn't as good as he was last season when he replaced Eastwood

Morrell shouldnt be a dirty c**t like the rest of your hatchet team then.

Back
Top Bottom