Away Match Day Thread +++ 04/05/2019 Luton Town v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

As far as I am concerned that's the season over, done and dusted. Programmes filed and records finished and filed away.

That's over and the speculation about this and that for next season may now begin.
Yes, the season is over. I will miss the Henry Landers thread.

Some of lutons tactics were quite odd. There number 17 Mpanzu kept putting his finger in the ear of Nelson and flicking it when he was next to him at a set piece.

I know he's trying to put Nelson off but it's a strange way of doing it. One point on a throw in just as Hall came on he was marking him and was tapping the top of Hall's head.

How thick were those Luton fans, running on the pitch and spoiling their big moment? I loved the way Karl and the players just brushed them aside

How did Hanson play for those that were at the game? Did he show enough to stake a claim in CM next season?

How did Hanson play for those that were at the game? Did he show enough to stake a claim in CM next season?
Fair question. I would like to know as well now that the thread has been reopened.

Fair question. I would like to know as well now that the thread has been reopened.

He was a bit anonymous to be honest.

It wasn’t our best performance of late as a team which was a shame and probably didn’t help.

Just wish Karl had started with Whyte (Garbutt) and Sykes (Henry).

He was a bit anonymous to be honest.

It wasn’t our best performance of late as a team which was a shame and probably didn’t help.

Just wish Karl had started with Whyte (Garbutt) and Sykes (Henry).
Whyte had a slight knock and the advice I believe was that he didnt start.
KR said before the game that Whyte could play 30 minutes.

Whyte had a slight knock and the advice I believe was that he didnt start.
KR said before the game that Whyte could play 30 minutes.

Hadn’t heard that, but I always think it’s better to start a player who’s got a slight knock, especially if you’re intending to bring them on. If they come on and then they have a relapse then it’s a waste of a substitution.

Apart from the fact you'd need that substitution anyway if he breaks down after a few minutes your tactics etc go straight out the window and the manager would be slated for playing him from the start.

Any player thought to have 30 minutes or so in him is never going to be a starter.

Apart from the fact you'd need that substitution anyway if he breaks down after a few minutes your tactics etc go straight out the window and the manager would be slated for playing him from the start.

Any player thought to have 30 minutes or so in him is never going to be a starter.

Or you put him on and then he has to come off and you’ve used all your substitutions so you’re down to 10 men. And you use two substitutions instead of one. Whereas, with my way you only use one!

If they’re injured then don’t have them in the squad at all. How someone can give you 30mins seems odd to me. They’re either injured or not, so not sure how you’d know if they can give 30mins or not.

Or you put him on and then he has to come off and you’ve used all your substitutions so you’re down to 10 men. And you use two substitutions instead of one. Whereas, with my way you only use one!

If they’re injured then don’t have them in the squad at all. How someone can give you 30mins seems odd to me. They’re either injured or not, so not sure how you’d know if they can give 30mins or not.
I don't know either but that is what KR said beforehand and I guess that he gets medical advice on this (Nothern Ireland games in thdxsjmmer were also mentioned)
It sounds like his workload has been managed in the past few weeks.

And shockingly, perhaps they don't want to get worse injuries in a meaningless end of season game, just because or even to ensure the player can have a good pre-season injury free. Especially if there is no indication how much Whyte will or will not play for NI

Back
Top Bottom