Home Match Build Up 05/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last challenge is so stupidly difficult. It’s not like the top prize is £10k or anything!
You have to do a drop kick which makes it even harder especially if you’ve never been a keeper!

fancy a home win, with a rare clean sheet, 2-0

Pompey had a terrible January.

Drew with 10-man Cambridge, and the Wombles. Lost to MKD, Sunderland & Charlton.

Feels like a game that ought to be a hard-fought home win to cement our playoff credentials.

A question re the postponed away fixture rescheduled for next month (Pompey).

Did we sell out or will more tickets be made available in the coming weeks?

For those who like technical analysis:

Thanks for posting this, not sure i really agree with it, the numbers they use to illustrate the fact that we play
worse when pressed as opposed to when we play teams that sit off us are not that different, sure the numbers
are down but stats like goals scored per game and goals conceded are far from being an obvious problem.

Goals scored v teams that high press on average is 1.60 per game as opposed to 1.69 v teams that sit back
Goals conceded v teams that high press on average is 1.27 per game as opposed to 1.13 v teams that sit back
Shots on goal per game v high press on average is 12.13 per game v 13.81
Shots conceded v high press on average is 12.06 v 10.30

I guess it could be argued that the goals scored stat is quite telling in that v teams that high press we score 1.60
and concede 1.27, sounds ok !

Interesting read but i dont think we have to worry too much that we have developed an achilles heel.

Yellowmania’s son has been drawn out to do the crossbar challenge tomorrow, there’s two been selected this week apparently.
He knows if he misses the open goal bit of it he’ll be disowned and his inheritance cut off.
I've also been chosen... I promise to give the crowd something to laugh about.

The crossbar bit is basically impossible, not got very high hopes

Look at the f*****g team.

giphy.gif

Early two goals, make half time, come out second half and soak up a bit of pressure and then turn the screw and score two more. Debut for Sam Baldock with a goal.
Easy.

Damn, this is a fine bottle of red!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom