Home Match Day Thread 05/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ECYellow don’t hear the SSu or even the SSL singing if so that’s a bit rich. Yes it wasn’t as loud as it could be in the East stand but there were still chants/songs. Since the Ultras left it singing hasn’t been S often as it used to.
Now we have a new group the Fanatics I am hoping they will bringing the singing back to what it was.
We will always have the “ we are the left side “or “ build it up with yellow and blue “ or even the yellow submarine song. But we do hear the occasional “
“ you’re f*****g s**t “ or “ f*****g useless duh du duh du duh “ you don’t hear much different to those songs/chants.
Tbf I and loads of others normally sing to Pompey or West Ham “ one song you only know one song “
But tbf to Pompey they actually sang 3/4 different songs other than “ play up Pompey “
So who should sing? Just the east stand? if all the stands sang or most of the fans it would sound good. In unison would be good but in harmony…..that would be to much.

Must be tough hearing the specific stands cheering from the wireless at home Baz, I’m not surprised you can’t hear the SSL or SSU 😅

Whats the deal with Forever and ever ? Not heard that in years, pretty unique to us
( i think ) and the words are easy enough to remember.

Yep, “forever and ever” seems to have been consigned to the archives for some reason.

Going back further, I used to like “oooh it’s a corner” which is another that could be reintroduced.

Surely someone deserves a magic hat?
“Give us an O” is one’ll used sparingly.

I quite like what Pompey do with the “du du du du du du du Pompey” which goes on for about 15 minutes. Nice east one that everyone can clap along too. No reason why, during quiet spell in the game this can’t be used too.

No one is suggesting that we need to reinvent the wheel but a little bit of welly behind some of these would go along way, I’m sure.

I’ve personally quite enjoyed watching all the fallout from Saturday. Some clubs and their fans really are delusional. Pompey are a great example of a club who think they belong somewhere else but until they all accept where they are, they will never get anywhere. The sense of entitlement you get from their fans is cringeworthy. All the reaction from Saturday I’ve seen from their journalists, Cowley, their players and their fans just screams ‘victim’. it’s a mindset they have to shake otherwise I don’t ever see them getting out of this league. Someone at that club needs to get their head out of the past and take ownership of where they are right now and more importantly why they are here and not somewhere else. It can’t always be referees and even if it was, it’s the players actions that give referees decisions to make and I’m afraid that lad should know better than to hoof someone head height so early in a game. Whether it’s a yellow or a red is irrelevant - the point is acknowledge the rules, keep your feet on the floor and don’t give the referee a decision like that to make in such a big game.

I’m sure there are some balanced supporters at their end but they clearly don’t shout as loudly as the idiots.

Last edited:
Must be tough hearing the specific stands cheering from the wireless at home Baz, I’m not surprised you can’t hear the SSL or SSU 😅
Do me a favour…..sat at home my a**e but can’t hear sod all from the SSU OR SSL so can you start the singing in the SSU and it may spread to a couple of seats either side of you, you never know it might spread to the Directors box.😂
Mind you you and @Manorlounger could become the Lennon and Mccartney of the fanatics 🤣

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but a bit more on the tunnel incident.

which backs up the comment in yesterday's match thread about us not wearing a yellow kit at Accrington, somebody said the kitman must have banged his head.

Yep, “forever and ever” seems to have been consigned to the archives for some reason.

Going back further, I used to like “oooh it’s a corner” which is another that could be reintroduced.

Surely someone deserves a magic hat?
“Give us an O” is one’ll used sparingly.

I quite like what Pompey do with the “du du du du du du du Pompey” which goes on for about 15 minutes. Nice east one that everyone can clap along too. No reason why, during quiet spell in the game this can’t be used too.

No one is suggesting that we need to reinvent the wheel but a little bit of welly behind some of these would go along way, I’m sure.
I like the simple ‘come on oxford’ chant. Everyone clapping and the north and south stand clapping along and sometimes joining in too, used to go on for ages, and as it was dieing down would then kick back into life

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but a bit more on the tunnel incident.

which backs up the comment in yesterday's match thread about us not wearing a yellow kit at Accrington, somebody said the kitman must have banged his head.
Same report in Oxford papers without the self pitying outrage/disbelief that somehow eight thuggish/stupid actions from eight Pompey players resulted in eight cards and an fa charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom