Home Match Day Thread 05/03/2022 L1: OUFC v Burton Albion

rare visit to the east stand (instead of ssl) and have my middle grandaughter with me ...3-1 home win with tayls, baldock n whyte grabbing one apiece
... close prediction, with the correct goal scorers, but not close enough .... no cigar

my grand daughter thoroughly enjoyed her first time in the East Stand, joining in with most of the songs and chants ( & letting rip with a few swear words during the match, ......ones she would probably not have uttered if we'd be sat in SSL with my Dad ( her great grandad), my sis n my nephew yesterday )

The mood amongst players and the crowd dropped when baldock went off , could have been because we already had the game won I’m not sure but in was less free flowing also as I came out of the traffic jam in the over flow car park a few cars were still being sent in there which did slow things up even more when there wasn’t anywhere to go

Bit of a myth isn’t it? I really don’t see anyone calling for KRs head. I like the guy but people will always ask questions of any manager and decisions even sir Alex in his prime
No one can really call for his head but some people only post after a defeat, even if we’d previously won three in a row! I like him but certainly don’t think he’s above criticism, however he deserves credit too.

No one can really call for his head but some people only post after a defeat, even if we’d previously won three in a row! I like him but certainly don’t think he’s above criticism, however he deserves credit too.

Apologies. Only got back to my seaside retreat a couple of hours ago. It was, no really, nice to be back in the wind tunnel for the first time since the plague was visited upon us. Had a chit-chat with a couple of old acquaintances, fortunately the north wind was at my back and enjoyed an excellent first half. Taylor's goal in particular was a surgical srtrike that soothed the aching liver in the way that wonderful things only can and Baldock looked like everything we needed Winnall to be.

Faded more than a bit in the second but the job was done, Burton improved from very poor to poor. Players: Brown is decent, McNally might be the best prospect we've had since Nelson & Dickie but he (we) needs to decide if he's a defender or something else otherwise he'll end of as a trophy misfit like Atkinson (although he's a far better player), Long should be captain. Enjoyed watching Brannagan, I've still not seen a game where Kane does it all the time, I like Sykes. Not sure about Whyte it's like something went wrong and he's not come through; I hope he does. Williams is a massive asset and would be in my first three on the teamsheet. Already said I like Baldock and Taylor is simply special. Um, I would love to be McGuane be a Force - he can.

To the nub. I'm a known hater but at least the acting manager had the sense to play with a midfield and 3 at the back . As usual, heaven only knows what he'll come up with next. What's the prospect? A very good beer from Shotover and the playoffs. I must have been feeling very positive last night because I ordered the agent to not get me a ticket for the final (I fucking hate Wembley.

Will that do?

Apologies. Only got back to my seaside retreat a couple of hours ago. It was, no really, nice to be back in the wind tunnel for the first time since the plague was visited upon us. Had a chit-chat with a couple of old acquaintances, fortunately the north wind was at my back and enjoyed an excellent first half. Taylor's goal in particular was a surgical srtrike that soothed the aching liver in the way that wonderful things only can and Baldock looked like everything we needed Winnall to be.

Faded more than a bit in the second but the job was done, Burton improved from very poor to poor. Players: Brown is decent, McNally might be the best prospect we've had since Nelson & Dickie but he (we) needs to decide if he's a defender or something else otherwise he'll end of as a trophy misfit like Atkinson (although he's a far better player), Long should be captain. Enjoyed watching Brannagan, I've still not seen a game where Kane does it all the time, I like Sykes. Not sure about Whyte it's like something went wrong and he's not come through; I hope he does. Williams is a massive asset and would be in my first three on the teamsheet. Already said I like Baldock and Taylor is simply special. Um, I would love to be McGuane be a Force - he can.

To the nub. I'm a known hater but at least the acting manager had the sense to play with a midfield and 3 at the back . As usual, heaven only knows what he'll come up with next. What's the prospect? A very good beer from Shotover and the playoffs. I must have been feeling very positive last night because I ordered the agent to not get me a ticket for the final (I f*****g hate Wembley.

Will that do?
Yeah! I don't mind known haters if they give credit as well as blame. Didn't realise you hadn't been to a home game in all that time.

I thought Whyte was good in that role yesterday, he's been gradually improving in the last few weeks though he seems to have given up the speedy runs down the wing, maybe he thinks they're uncool now that he's spent time with the luvvies in the championship.

Sorry to go back to the car park, but dozens of cars were trying to force themselves into the car park as everyone was leaving. Don’t these idiots know traffic is virtually one way (out) at 5pm on a match day? Traffic management should hold them in the Hilton car park until the traffic has passed.

I'm not sure it helps to refer to others as idiots. We are in the middle of a really important process with the councils to show that football won't impact on the wider community. There's no reasons why, with little common sense applied, we couldn't accommodate cars coming on to the site as well as cars leaving.

I'm not sure it helps to refer to others as idiots. We are in the middle of a really important process with the councils to show that football won't impact on the wider community. There's no reasons why, with little common sense applied, we couldn't accommodate cars coming on to the site as well as cars leaving.
apparently, it was inflexible 'jobsworths' who were employed to manage traffic ... and made , by all accounts , a right pigs ear of it .... who is it who employs them ?

But we really shouldn’t be letting idiots near our temple anyway

apparently, it was inflexible 'jobsworths' who were employed to manage traffic ... and made , by all accounts , a right pigs ear of it .... who is it who employs them ?
The club. I have emailed A Taylor about the match day parking and the lack of traffic Management, he replied to say he would look into and forn3/4!weeks things seem to improve by recent weeks it seems to have reverted to the old Traffic management if doing nothing.

The club. I have emailed A Taylor about the match day parking and the lack of traffic Management, he replied to say he would look into and forn3/4!weeks things seem to improve by recent weeks it seems to have reverted to the old Traffic management if doing nothing.

Surely the club manage a contract with a traffic management company rather than employ people directly?

From whom did you hear it was 'inflexible jobsworth'? These folks are doing a difficult job. Why seek to apportion blame of any kind?

Back
Top Bottom