Home Match Day Thread 05/04/2021 L1 OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the answer? KR to go?
How many clubs give their manager 3 years to achieve nothing, and stay in a job?
robinson is stale, his playing systems, playing style are carved in stone for all to see.
Every season is groundhog day...."we're going to get business done early", we have a poor start, we end up with crocs, has beens and loans coming out of our ears, every club knows how to play his mono system, it's everyone's fault bar his, the odd player gets thrown under the bus, countless players played out of position, indirect digs at the board for not supporting him. Press stop, then press replay in June.

A new board should be looking at the situation and thinking, do we want a monotone manager to spend our money, having achieved nothing over three years, or should they see it as a new beginning for the club, requiring a manager with new ideas?

It's been my thought for a while that while we have quite a few talented individuals, as a team that works together to be better than the sum of it's parts, we are quite poor. We rely too often on individual flashes of brilliance rather than any particularly threatening way of playing. How many times this season have we seen the ball threaded through on the floor for a forward to run on to? Precious few. We try to go down the sides, but the ball gets there so sloooowwwwwly that the winger is always faced by two defenders and has no momentum. Or we lump the ball up to pitch to a striker unsupported by anyone. It was pointed out today that we were not offside once - that's not because our strikers are timing runs brilliantly, it is because that ball is never played.

We won 5 games in a row that took us from mid table to 3rd you mean. Who knows where we would of finished it's all guess work. Karl has not achieved anything in 3 years we are still in the same position from where he took over.

It is all guesswork any season then, we got to the Play Off final whether it fits your argument or not. That is an achievement, our highest League finish in a long, long time. You've also ignored our Cup runs. It means your argument should be taken with a shedful of salt.

Isn’t it a bit childish hating people that come from one particular city? What do you think of people from Sheffield, or Plymouth?
Sheffield is a great city, great place to live. Only ever met one person from Plymouth who was sound enough.

No comment on the Scousers Ive met...

I would definitely give him one more year . We definitely need another striker .Cover For right and left back maybe one of those as CB corner .McNally . Midfield is where it is won and lost . Blackpool were strong where are so soft in there. That's going to be where most work will be needed . Alot of work to be done

How many clubs give their manager 3 years to achieve nothing, and stay in a job?
robinson is stale, his playing systems, playing style are carved in stone for all to see.
Every season is groundhog day...."we're going to get business done early", we have a poor start, we end up with crocs, has beens and loans coming out of our ears, every club knows how to play his mono system, it's everyone's fault bar his, the odd player gets thrown under the bus, countless players played out of position, indirect digs at the board for not supporting him. Press stop, then press replay in June.

A new board should be looking at the situation and thinking, do we want a monotone manager to spend our money, having achieved nothing over three years, or should they see it as a new beginning for the club, requiring a manager with new ideas?
I feel you are quite inpatient, as SM said it was a good few years before Ferguson started to get things right, it's not just the players it's the whole ethos of the team.

Who do you think should replace KR?

When people are saying we are a mid table team, maybe what they mean is that we are where we are because of KR and that if someone new was in charge we would be more than a mid table team. We don't know what the expectations of the Board are, but I somehow suspect its more than mid table. As far as I can see, the Board have supported KR and I imagine they will have expected more than a mid table finish. Whether or not KR is the best person to take us forward is up to the Board, but as far as I concerned, we have stagnated on the pitch and some fresh ideas are desperately needed.

So many big hitters in our league with bigger fanbase, history and budgets than we have, we have the constant lingering burden of the stadium issue, and with an impending takeover casting a shadow of uncertainty on us, do we really think there is any realistic managerial signing that we could make that would be better than KR? Not just on the pitch, but in all aspects of the club. I'd be interested to see any suggestions. And no, MApp isn't a realistic suggestion, he wouldn't come back. We have stability in league 1 which is the best we've had for the last two decades, would giving KR a year after the takeover to give promotion a go really be the worst thing in the world when the risk of Pep 2.0 is there, especially with new owners that probably don't understand what it takes to manage in league 1?

Oh come on, George is obviously the brains of that outfit.

At an interview George could handle Rhodes-Boyson and the other media wolves but honestly I'm not convinced he's a great tactical leap forward from Karl. Zippy knows how to set up a team, unlike the other two.

At an interview George could handle Rhodes-Boyson and the other media wolves but honestly I'm not convinced he's a great tactical leap forward from Karl. Zippy knows how to set up a team, unlike the other two.
So you see George more in a director of football role?

I always think this is a lazy question to ask whenever someone says a current manager should be sacked.

Not our job to know who is available, but there a
I always think this is a lazy question to ask whenever someone says a current manager should be sacked.

Not our job to know who is available, but there are usually capable managers available.
Ju
re usually capable managers available.

Not our job to know who is available, but there are usually capable managers available.
Not a lazy question, just seeing what MY had in mind

Manchester United springs instantly to mind for one. Alex Ferguson appointed November 1986, and promptly spanked by Oxford. First trophy FA Cup 1990.
I take your point, but I think it somewhat disingenuous to quote a single and exceptional example from over 30 years ago. Have you any other examples you'd like to table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom