Home Match Day Thread +++ 06/01/2018 OUFC v Blackpool match day thread +++

[QUOTE="Corporate_Clive, post: 7007, member: 563"]I cant believe that we are only 3 pts off 6th! I agree with your setitments. Days win papered over alot of cracks. Today reminded me of Doncaster. And we all knew what came next @ home.[/QUOTE]
Yes but all teams above have a game or two in hand.

[QUOTE="Corporate_Clive, post: 7007, member: 563"]I cant believe that we are only 3 pts off 6th! I agree with your setitments. Days win papered over alot of cracks. Today reminded me of Doncaster. And we all knew what came next @ home.
Yes but all teams above have a game or two in hand.[/QUOTE]
agreed. i am trying be positive.

WTF are you WTFing me? I understood in your last note that GVK is the 2nd highest earner. I was enquiring if you knew who was the highest earner.
If I had to guess, depending on how much of there wages we would be paying I think Payne and Mowatt would also be up there with GVK. Williamson and Tiendalli probably on a bit as well.

If I had to guess, depending on how much of there wages we would be paying I think Payne and Mowatt would also be up there with GVK. Williamson and Tiendalli probably on a bit as well.
So is your statement that GVK is the second highest earner just a guess too? If not, how do you know?

[QUOTE="Corporate_Clive, post: 7007, member: 563"]I cant believe that we are only 3 pts off 6th! I agree with your setitments. Days win papered over alot of cracks. Today reminded me of Doncaster. And we all knew what came next @ home.
Yes but all teams above have a game or two in hand.[/QUOTE]
And quite a few below too!

WTF are you WTFing me? I understood in your last note that GVK is the 2nd highest earner. I was enquiring if you knew who was the highest earner.

Ah. I think then, my dear old lad, that you asked the wrong bloke. I have no idea who's paid what although I hope Gino is paying us; paying him would be farcical.

Just watched the highlights for this one and a few things that stand out about Saturdays performance:
Blackpool weren't a whole lot better than us but certainly deserved a point out of the game. They definitely came with the tactic of "don't give them any space what so ever" and for the most part it worked and we were well overrun. We need to be much better at combating this style of play by remaining calm and not trying to rush balls forward. So many times a Blackpool player would be right on top of one of ours and we just try to lump it forward aimlessly. Would be much more effective to pass it to a supporting player once or twice just to remind them that they will eventually run out of energy.

Forwards need to be MUCH more decisive. There is absolutely no excuse for GVK not passing to Thomas in that first chance. Was almost like as soon as he had the ball forward he panicked and completely lost his head. Either pass it or dribble it one of the two because there is absolutely no time for dawdling on the ball.

Tiendalli was okay but as for that first cross into the box he needs to be marking that man on the far post. He is was playing at left back not a centre back. Any slight change in wind or aim and that is 0-1 right there.

Eastwood was fantastic as per, just doing his job like a professional should. Without his performance we would have easily been down and out very early and I'm not sure we would have been able to recover.

To summarise, it seems our passing and movement isn't good enough and we need to practice opposing this high pressure and keeping calm. Forwards need to be less selfish and just pass the damn thing if someone is in space. Very lucky to win this one but credit to Mowatt and Obika for the goal, the delivery was inch perfect and so was the header. Eastwood MOTM for me.

Forwards need to be less selfish and just pass the damn thing if someone is in space.

Hmmm. That flies in the face of much of what I have seen this season where we seem content to pass the ball around the edge of the box without ever taking a shot.

Not that I'm defending GVK's actions on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom