Away Match Day Thread 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Hope we win of course, but their outright arrogance about thinking they'll roll us over makes you want it even more

Last edited:
Stevens did pretty well but was on a yellow card. Don’t think it’s fair to say he was ‘hauled off’ -it was a recognition that against Mason Clarke we would likely concede another one .when Dale came off Murphy switched sides and did an excellent job supporting Long who made a couple of errors but headed off the line to maintain our lead
As I said, Stevens has been better recently but I feel he’s our weakest link when he’s playing at anything less than 100%. For a Prem player his first touch leaves a lot to be desired and he’s usually got a mistake in him.

It’s not the time to berate players but support them, but I would say I’d expect much, much more from a player who is reportedly the highest earner.

As I said, Stevens has been better recently but I feel he’s our weakest link when he’s playing at anything less than 100%. For a Prem player his first touch leaves a lot to be desired and he’s usually got a mistake in him.

It’s not the time to berate players but support them, but I would say I’d expect much, much more from a player who is reportedly the highest earner.

Is he the highest earner by what we contribute or is it just his actual wage from Brentford that makes him the highest earner? Most prem players would obviously end up highest earner at a league one club that doesn’t make them the clubs most expensive player, interesting to know which it is?

Luke Garbutt was the highest earner at the club by a country mile when he was at the club. Everton were contributing far more than Oxford were.

Luke Garbutt was the highest earner at the club by a country mile when he was at the club. Everton were contributing far more than Oxford were.

Rumours that his Everton wage was £24000 a week, no wonder he saw that contract out, Ancelotti famously didn’t even know who he was when he was manager there as he was so far from first team consideration.

To be fair I guess if you’re making content you want the views - doesn’t matter if they’re Peterborough or oxford eyeballs. And he’s rightly made the calculation that OUFC fans are going to ducking love that.

I would have still sacked it off.

Back
Top Bottom