09/08/2022 - Carabao Cup: OUFC v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it doesn't make a ton of sense.

Here in the US, ESPN have the rights to the Carabao Cup and stream a couple of games via their online ESPN+ platform.

But today they're showing only Bradford vs. Hull & Charlton vs. QPR.
As far as I can tell, there's absolute noone broadcasting or streaming our game, so I don't see any reason why they couldn't put it on iFollow.......other than presumably they signed a contract with ESPN that says they wouldn't.

I’m pretty sure we have the exact same discussion about ifollow every EFL cup first round game, including from last season against Burton. The same down to the wording on the OUFC website: the club assumes the stream is available for international subscribers but it isn’t!

It’s the exact same in Canada as the US. The Bradford and Charlton games are streaming on DAZN but there are literally no other EFL cup matches available to watch.

This season, international subscribers apparently get live video of all 46 league games on Ifollow even if they are available on another streaming service like DAZN but the EFL still can’t figure out a way to offer video for EFL cup games that aren’t available anywhere else.

Ifollow is an EFL service but it is impossible to watch the EFL cup on it. Sums it up really.

I’m pretty sure we have the exact same discussion about ifollow every EFL cup first round game, including from last season against Burton. The same down to the wording on the OUFC website: the club assumes the stream is available for international subscribers but it isn’t!

It’s the exact same in Canada as the US. The Bradford and Charlton games are streaming on DAZN but there are literally no other EFL cup matches available to watch.

This season, international subscribers apparently get live video of all 46 league games on Ifollow even if they are available on another streaming service like DAZN but the EFL still can’t figure out a way to offer video for EFL cup games that aren’t available anywhere else.

Ifollow is an EFL service but it is impossible to watch the EFL cup on it. Sums it up really.

I find it daft that the EFL/JPT/pizza trophy (whatever its called this year) is available on ifollow but the EFL cup isn't. You would think they would offer it to everyone in the UK on ifollow for a small fee to view.

Very strange that half of the stadium is closed and no football special busses, it's almost like they don't want fans to show up to attend this game.

I find it daft that the EFL/JPT/pizza trophy (whatever its called this year) is available on ifollow but the EFL cup isn't. You would think they would offer it to everyone in the UK on ifollow for a small fee to view.

Very strange that half of the stadium is closed and no football special busses, it's almost like they don't want fans to show up to attend this game.
C'mon man it's the EFL what's Isn't daft about them there main trophy and they don't let people watch it but hey you can watch the pizza/paint pot trophy

Just remember it's the EFL they couldn't organise a P**s up in a brewery

Why didn’t they make it free or half price for season ticket holders or something like that. Bit pathetic to basically give up on what should be an attractive tie

Very strange that half of the stadium is closed and no football special busses, it's almost like they don't want fans to show up to attend this game
I would guess that there are no busses because generally people don't want to go

Glad to see Smyth is on the bench, I'd really like to see him get some minutes to see what he can do.

Good for McGinty to get a game too.

Why didn’t they make it free or half price for season ticket holders or something like that. Bit pathetic to basically give up on what should be an attractive tie
I payed £20 for me and my son the sun is shining I think it's going to be a decent game so twenty quid will hopefully be value for money I do agree they could have made kids free and adults a tenner but hey ho

So that team sheet no Stevens what do people think is he off somewhere or does KR not trust him anymore or is he ill

So that team sheet no Stevens what do people think is he off somewhere or does KR not trust him anymore or is he ill
Just experimenting I guess. But, McGinty said he wanted to win the shirt so this is a chance

Well that team is interesting!

I saw lots of suggestions for who should play up front. I don't think any of them were Bodin!!

Murphy not even being on the bench is weird? Thought he looked like he needed another run. Hopefully he's not hurt himself.

Well that team is interesting!

I saw lots of suggestions for who should play up front. I don't think any of them were Bodin!!

Murphy not even being on the bench is weird? Thought he looked like he needed another run. Hopefully he's not hurt himself.

Didn’t he go off with a knock on Saturday?

Evening all, hoping for a good performance and some good game time for the youngsters. Got pulled out on by the bloody Swansea coach driving home earlier, fuming!

Lots of new faces to see but EFL don't even know what a brewery is. Jeez, they really are a useless organisation.

Organisation? That's not the right word. Help me find the right word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom