09/08/2022 - Carabao Cup: OUFC v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the look of McGinty. He was unlucky with both goals (he got very close to them) and you can see his passion and drive to improve (hammering the ground when he let in the second). You can also see how much the players already respect him, Brannagan ran straight to him to celebrate when his final penalty went in.

He didn't let his error affect him and I think he will be a huge player for us for years to come.

I thought he had a decent game, got forward but the end result not perfect.
Thought his defending was poor. Didn’t attack the header, got caught wrong side of his man numerous times etc. Definitely not first choice or back-up material for right back. Needs to go out on loan to bulk out and develop.

Thought his defending was poor. Didn’t attack the header, got caught wrong side of his man numerous times etc. Definitely not first choice or back-up material for right back. Needs to go out on loan to bulk out and develop.
Yes I agree with all of that.

Another season out on loan will probably be better for him, let him develop at a lower level, national league north/south is fine for a lad of his age.

Thought McGinty wasn’t to blame for either goals, especially the second one.
Positionally correct, just unlucky.

McGinty had an awful start to the game. Isn't a keeper handling outside the box like that, normally get a red card? I was pleased for him making that penalty save.
Brown looked pretty solid at CB, but also at left back
Goodrham had a quiet game, but chased everything, grew into the game and should really have equalised with a few minutes to go
I don't think that the Golding experiment worked. He was good going forwards but was caught out a lot at the back.

Brannaghan and Findlay made a big difference as you would expect
I was sat right on the 18 yard line. He fell and made a real effort to not handle the ball. Yes it was a schoolboy goalkeeping error in the first place but handling the ball was in no way deliberate. Yellow card was fair and you could see he felt really s**t afterwards. Good experience for him though he may not see it that way. And he made up for it all in the shootout.

MOTM poll is open until 2300. Get voting, you can also change your vote if you want.

Fulham would be an excellent time away from home too!

Someone always mentions Fulham away every time we get into a draw with them, nice east journey for me to a ground I have never been to but it seems like we are destined to never go there.

I was glad I did in the end. Poor up to 55/60 minutes but then we got on top and caused Swansea to go into panic mode.

Lovely result and the team showed excellent spirit and tenaciousness to turn it around. Also good to see we are going right to the final whistle so early in the season which bodes well for our fitness.
me too (glad I did) ....in the end

Blimey, someone needs to give that guy a hug :oops:

Do people really get this angry at a football match? Being this emotionally invested where a loss in the first round of a cup gets you THAT angry is not healthy at all 😅

"It's passion!!!"

One thing I noticed last night was McGinty's superior agility compared to Eastwood and Stevens. Promising signs despite the nervous start.

Anyone got a link to big Ted McGinty's post-match interview? I was really chuffed for him to save that pen after a shaky first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom