Away Match Build Up 1/5/2021 L1 Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has changed from my views that I posted the other day except that I am more convinced that if we win our last 2 matches we will be in the playoffs. Over to your Mr Robinson. As our banner says at the back of the East Stand, TIME FOR HEROES

Steve Cotterill set to be back in the dugout on Saturday.

Great to see that he's pulled through from such a serious bout of COVID.
That'll give them a big boost

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Brannagan
Henry Sykes
Agyei Taylor Lee

SUBS: Barker, Gorrin, Shodipo, Winnall, McNally, Hanson, Eastwood​

Any win will do!!

He’s giving a team talk but might not be in the dugout, either way it’ll buoy them, they’re safe from relegation and under no pressure. Form tables might go out of the window for this one but we’ve got enough to win it.
2-1.

3:00 we set to work. 90 minutes of f*****g hard graft with one aim - win.
Nothing else matters... just win. That’s all that is required.
At the end of those 90 minutes, we walk off the pitch with 3 points and see where we are.
Sounds simple but it is anything but. Work harder than them to a man and we will give ourselves the best chance.

You would like to think that our motivation will be enough to force them to start thinking about their holidays and next season injury free

It is our cup final and for them its just the last but one match of a very long season COYY

Seventeen days ago, the Shrews looked quite useful going forwards and a complete and utter shambles at the back.

Don't expect that too much will have changed.....Cotterill's not that much of a miracle worker. If we keep our heads and play as we're capable, we'll win. Then it's just a question of whether Accrington or the Wombles will lend us a hand (with the Wombles getting something being much preferred.....Charlton have two other tricky games in which to slip up......).

Course, we don't always play as we're capable.....I guess that what keeps Saturdays nerve-wracking!

p.s. It's not the Shrews' last but one match. They've still got two more to play next week!

Let's not write off Northampton also, could quite well take 3 points off Blackpool who admittedly have a game in hand.

WIN OUFC

Seventeen days ago, the Shrews looked quite useful going forwards and a complete and utter shambles at the back.

Don't expect that too much will have changed.....Cotterill's not that much of a miracle worker. If we keep our heads and play as we're capable, we'll win. Then it's just a question of whether Accrington or the Wombles will lend us a hand (with the Wombles getting something being much preferred.....Charlton have two other tricky games in which to slip up......).

Course, we don't always play as we're capable.....I guess that what keeps Saturdays nerve-wracking!

p.s. It's not the Shrews' last but one match. They've still got two more to play next week!
They’re very much like Plymouth in standard, pretty decent footballing side but porous at the back and beatable though they will give us a scare at least. We can do it if weird psychology doesn’t take hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom