Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/04/2018 OUFC v Fleetwood Town Match Day Thread +++

All the doom merchants on here...we have been poor without question have not scored in the last 2 home games and yet those below have still not overtaken us and still some of you think we're going down?
as for the poster saying 60/40 are you sure??? i'll have some of them odds we stay up thanks...curious what price/chance those below us then????

Agree Gary.
The players need to play like they did last night on Saturday (and with as much commitment as the past two games which has been immense).
There is not an awful lot more that KR can do with the personnel at his disposal. We need to keep putting crosses in, having shots and hoping that when we do get chances they fall to the right players and are put away.
If Nelson is fit then he will be a bonus but a risk at the same time as he clearly won't be match fit.
I can see why Ledson is being played more forward than CB as he is pressing the other sides defenders and making it uncomfortable for much of the time. The problem is that shooting is not Ryan's strong point and in each game he gets- opportunities where he either shoots (poorly) or lays the ball off.
Has anybody heard whether Rothwell is injured?
We could do with Henry back Saturday as he has scored 8 this season and does give some goalscoring threat.

The same can’t be said about our forwards though

All the doom merchants on here...we have been poor without question have not scored in the last 2 home games and yet those below have still not overtaken us and still some of you think we're going down?
as for the poster saying 60/40 are you sure??? i'll have some of them odds we stay up thanks...curious what price/chance those below us then????
Can you honestly see where our next point(s) are coming from?

Technically, Baz, we don't necessarily need any more points. We need to stay ahead of the bottom four clubs. If Rochdale (21st) win their outstanding game they are still three points behind us. For us to go down, not only does our record in our last five games have to be very poor, but others need to pick up enough points at the same time.

With the greatest respect Pete we could learn de our remaining games, our Midfield plus 3/4 of our defence are ok but nothing up front and Lego must have had 5 attempts in the last 10 mins 2 over thcrossbar well over 2 wide and one straight at the keeper, so yes I am duly worried, people say our goal difference is an extra point we had 7 against at home to Wigan yet we are away to Wigan next Tuesday and I have horrible feeling our goal difference is going to be cut short.

I'm going to the Wigan match Baz - with some trepidation! Nine goals in their last two matches. Could we 'park the bus' and escape with a point? Who knows.
We should start with Brannigan.Lego, Rothwell and Mowatt and Henry and Napa upfront because I have no confidence in our strike force and if Nelson could muster a start drop the liability and who knows we may only concede 4 goals

Can you honestly see where our next point(s) are coming from?

is this likely in your opinion?

Walsall 7 more points =54

Wimbledon 7 more points = 53

Oldham 9 more points = 53

Rochdale 10 more points = 52

Mk Dons 5 more points 47

We should start with Brannigan.Lego, Rothwell and Mowatt and Henry and Napa upfront because I have no confidence in our strike force and if Nelson could muster a start drop the liability and who knows we may only concede 4 goals

you want Napa whose ball control is not good up front? so keep conceding possession increases the chances of keeping the score down does it?

Technically, Baz, we don't necessarily need any more points. We need to stay ahead of the bottom four clubs. If Rochdale (21st) win their outstanding game they are still three points behind us. For us to go down, not only does our record in our last five games have to be very poor, but others need to pick up enough points at the same time.

With the greatest respect Pete we could learn de our remaining games, our Midfield plus 3/4 of our defence are ok but nothing up front and Lego must have had 5 attempts in the last 10 mins 2 over thcrossbar well over 2 wide and one straight at the keeper, so yes I am duly worried, people say our goal difference is an extra point we had 7 against at home to Wigan yet we are away to Wigan next Tuesday and I have horrible feeling our goal difference is going to be cut short.

Forgetting that a lot of the teams below us also have to play Wigan.

Some of these have now obviously been played
0703753ac55fd417aaf95ce467cedbc2.jpg

is this likely in your opinion?

Walsall 7 more points =54

Wimbledon 7 more points = 53

Oldham 9 more points = 53

Rochdale 10 more points = 52

Mk Dons 5 more points 47

No
Sarfend nil points god I hope in wrong

Wigan (away) nil points no hope

Doncaster 50/50 but not hopeful

Rochdale possible but had had a couple of good unexpected results

Blackburn ( away ) similar to Wigan

Our goal difference could be an extra point but with Wigan and Blackburn away that could disappear.

you want Napa whose ball control is not good up front? so keep conceding possession increases the chances of keeping the score down does it?
Got to be better than what we have up front at the moment

Nelson played 80 minutes in a friendly this morning. 6-0 win in which GVK got 2 goals and a trialist got a hatrick.

Please Nelson fit for Wigan.

MK Dons have a demanding list of fixtures to play but the difference is we have the points. Hope we can do it.
Have to bear Southend otherwise the thought of relegation increases yet again

I'm very proud of our fans after last night. Atmosphere could have been fairly dull on a damp Tuesday night with no away attendance to speak of. To have kept the noise going all match, and then, despite the result, to applaud the lads off who had clearly given everything..... Makes me proud to be an Oxford fan.

I love Ledson's attitude, his work rate, his energy. He slides the ball sideways nicely, long passes to switch play, but he has very little ability to pick out and play a forward pass which can hurt the opposition, and I've been moaning about it for so long it must be true. He over hits them constantly. I'm not blaming him for last night's result, I just wish he could improve in that area.

I'm not sure that it makes sense to try and get Nelson match fit. Mous is doing just fine alongside Dickie. Our problem is clearly scoring goals now that Dickie has steadied the ship and has a partnership with Mous.

Ricky is such a class player. Would have liked to have seen those around him pick him out a bit more last night. A few times he took up great positions but couldn't get the ball.

The touch of our forward line went missing last night. Numerous times the ball went into Jon or Wes or Agon and just pinged out again. Thought GvK looked up for it when he came on. I wonder if KR could get a bit more out of him? Maybe he is fast enough to get to Ledson's over hit passes? ?

We were mugged last night, no question. But we played really well and I think we will get points somewhere, and those below are not all going to be picking up points.

I'm very proud of our fans after last night. Atmosphere could have been fairly dull on a damp Tuesday night with no away attendance to speak of. To have kept the noise going all match, and then, despite the result, to applaud the lads off who had clearly given everything..... Makes me proud to be an Oxford fan.

I love Ledson's attitude, his work rate, his energy. He slides the ball sideways nicely, long passes to switch play, but he has very little ability to pick out and play a forward pass which can hurt the opposition, and I've been moaning about it for so long it must be true. He over hits them constantly. I'm not blaming him for last night's result, I just wish he could improve in that area.

I'm not sure that it makes sense to try and get Nelson match fit. Mous is doing just fine alongside Dickie. Our problem is clearly scoring goals now that Dickie has steadied the ship and has a partnership with Mous.

Ricky is such a class player. Would have liked to have seen those around him pick him out a bit more last night. A few times he took up great positions but couldn't get the ball.

The touch of our forward line went missing last night. Numerous times the ball went into Jon or Wes or Agon and just pinged out again. Thought GvK looked up for it when he came on. I wonder if KR could get a bit more out of him? Maybe he is fast enough to get to Ledson's over hit passes? ?

We were mugged last night, no question. But we played really well and I think we will get points somewhere, and those below are not all going to be picking up points.

Want him here next season whether he starts or is cover

Back
Top Bottom