Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/08/2019 L1: OUFC v Peterborough FC +++

Is there a signing deadline to be able to play on Tuesday?

EFL rules (assuming they also apply to the League Cup):

43.8 Subject to Regulations 43.2, 43.3 and 57, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are:
43.8.1 submitted (in such manner as the League shall specify from time to time) to and received by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match; and
43.8.2 confirmed by the League to be in order.

I thought if there was a motm for the last 15 minutes and for game management, Jamie Mackie is the winner every time. Loved his running for everything and sheer pain in the arsenal gamesmanship.
It's going to be class bringing him off the bench for the last 10-15 mins to help see out games when our new strikers are here and playing.

Whisper it.... but if we get the players up top we think we are getting.... Then we will have a very, very talented squad with the ideal mix of youth and experience (better than Appleton's league 1 team), there will be losses - but let's keep the support strong and who knows what might happen :) .

(p.s Keep it up Mous, sorry I doubted you)

I'm also on the positive bus after that performance AND to prove it's all good per the video below at 6m:44s, the lawnmowers are back!

Last edited:
Thought we were excellent today. Professional from start to finish.

For me Dickie was MOTM. So composed, first to everything. Highly impressive. Fosu was quality first half, tired in the second. What was nice is it felt like a real team effort, every player was tireless and you have to commend Robinson for that.

Still find it a shame the colour has gone from the East Stand, only negative I could find today. Would be great if the waver flags came back at least, I really felt it added something. Having a dispute with the ultras was a real own-goal by the club.

But still, brilliant performance and with possibly more players to come, we could be in for an exciting season! COYY

Coventry had 3 goals disallowed and about 30 shots against a team made up of teenagers rolf. If bolton go under do results get wiped out?

I also assumed there can be no special dispensation if there IS a takeover...the youth team must play the whole season if not replaced by 2 September..?

just tried to watch the highlights on ifollow and just got pictures of empty stadium with crowd sounds weird!

Back
Top Bottom