Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/08/2019 L1: OUFC v Peterborough FC +++

Just back into the real world, from the desert.
What an amazing result. Taylor and Mcleary in the stands as well?
The squad, with the 2/3 KR is looking to add could really challenge for the top 6, with us already having played 2 of the favourites.

Posh big money signing Mohamed Eisa flopped at Grenoble Road:

Point 5 …… "Football should be banned at the three sided Kassam Stadium in high winds" !!!!!

Last edited:
Reported it...extended ones now up .. quite juddery and the sweep shot to East stand amateurish but watchable at least and great football of course:)
Yeah I checked if it was my connection but the stuttery bits are the same each time, so there are errors in the file. I agree some of the camera work is a bit DIY but I don’t miss the commentary. And the football is great to watch!

Well done yellows! Without getting carried away, it feels like the start of an exciting season.

COYY!

I also assumed there can be no special dispensation if there IS a takeover...the youth team must play the whole season if not replaced by 2 September..?

Don't assume that, considering Bolton were allowed to play players who were signed after the deadline for the game.

With some of the football Oxford played in the first half the wi d can hardly be used as an excuse as to why Peterborough lost.
They played lots of long ball up to Toney and sure the wind doesn't suit long ball teams.

I did laugh at that moan about the wind. Clearly Peterborough had little clue how to play with or against the wind.

I also liked moan 6, the moan about Brannagan's substitution and the Ref needs to learn the laws as what Brannagan did was "OUTLAWED". No it isn't "OUTLAWED", the author should learn the law themselves before writing garbage.

Obviously exceptionally early to be drawing any conclusions (for all we know, Peterborough are going to be this year's version of Bradford. A team everyone expects to contend who turn out to be crap. They certainly were in the first half......)

But that being said, you really feel we might just have a chance this year.
There wasn't a single weak link in the XI today - and all of a sudden we have some good depth. Agyei, Forde, Hall, Baptiste, Hanson, Moore, Long, Sykes - all guys we know can play (or expect that they're going to be able to play). If we do bring a couple more in before the window shuts, there's going to be some decent players not even making the bench to begin the season, and even more importantly we're going to have lots of cover, and in every position, when the inevitable injury bug strikes.

Whole lot of hope and optimism at the moment. It's a good feeling - especially compared to how we started the season twelve months ago!
Totally agree with all this,very happy with our start of the season.
Especially after our start last season but agree that Peterborough maybe not the team to judge that on.
But the team is a team right from the off , something that took half a season to gel last season. KR as done well with bringing in the new players and getting the team up and running so well. So hold on to your hat this could be a good one!

Was a good showing vs Sunderland backed up with a good performance yesterday.

The first half was great - we dominated the midfield and allowed our creative players to go free. I love Gorrin. He adds so much to the team - allows Brannagan to get forward, covers for dickie when he carries the ball out, takes the ball off the back 4 and breaks up play starting counter attacks - he has been a crucial addition. Brannagan adding goals to his game and he will be the next player to leave for decent £££.

Peterborough are still finding how to shoehorn all their players in. Without the ball they have nothing, no pace at the back. If we had a pact striker (Agyei) running in behind we would have put several past them.

Another striker and a winger and we will look very decent for the season ahead. That first half was top banana with a good gritty second half once they subbed Eisa (who touched the ball 7 times in 45mins!)

Was a good showing vs Sunderland backed up with a good performance yesterday.

The first half was great - we dominated the midfield and allowed our creative players to go free. I love Gorrin. He adds so much to the team - allows Brannagan to get forward, covers for dickie when he carries the ball out, takes the ball off the back 4 and breaks up play starting counter attacks - he has been a crucial addition. Brannagan adding goals to his game and he will be the next player to leave for decent £££.

Peterborough are still finding how to shoehorn all their players in. Without the ball they have nothing, no pace at the back. If we had a pact striker (Agyei) running in behind we would have put several past them.

Another striker and a winger and we will look very decent for the season ahead. That first half was top banana with a good gritty second half once they subbed Eisa (who touched the ball 7 times in 45mins!)

And he didn’t do a lot for Bristol City either, what a waste of money

Back
Top Bottom