Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/08/2019 L1: OUFC v Peterborough FC +++

Quietly starting to feel very excited about this season. Haven’t been able to go to or watch either of our games so far but I have rarely heard such positive reviews of games on this forum since MApp left.

Quietly starting to feel very excited about this season. Haven’t been able to go to or watch either of our games so far but I have rarely heard such positive reviews of games on this forum since MApp left.
Same here, on both counts, so looking forward to sunny Blackpool next weekend :)

Great to read such positivity all round again. It has been a while!!

Totally enjoyed the game yesterday. First half was a superb display of creativity, good feet [Fosu and Henry especially) and hard pressing. Second half a show of grit, digging in to do the more ugly less glamorous stuff.

The team seems really gelled and full of belief already. What a fantastic base to continue to build on.

Credit to one and all involved.

Fans were great yesterday too, especially the clapping for young Woodburn shortly after that miss. Good, proper support and understanding. And no whining from where I was sat !!

Let’s hope it continues.

In the first two games of the season the side has looked (maybe a little surprisingly) very well organised.
Defensively we have been excellent.
I am sure that Moore will come in at some stage but Mous has played very well and shown that he is adequate backup and we dont need a further CB.
Woodburn will get better I am sure and if we were to get in Taylor we could be a serious threat going forwards.
A much better start than almost all would have predicted. At the back of my mind is the fact that 2 seasons ago we started very well under Pep before Blackpool away ...

A much better start than almost all would have predicted. At the back of my mind is the fact that 2 seasons ago we started very well under Pep before Blackpool away ...

And, as you say we've looked both enterprising and solid.

I'm alarmingly positive now we have Agyei and another striker mooted.

Pep Clotet could become a managerial version of Jack Midson if the forum does it right - where would we be if he'd been allowed to complete his transformation?

And, as you say we've looked both enterprising and solid.

I'm alarmingly positive now we have Agyei and another striker mooted.

Pep Clotet could become a managerial version of Jack Midson if the forum does it right - where would we be if he'd been allowed to complete his transformation?

Morrells Sunday league division 4.

Indeed - the highlights provided by the EFL for the two matches so far have been very poor. The 10 minute extended highlights are better of course, but why they can't show a few more of those important moments in the short form versions I cannot imagine.

Indeed - the highlights provided by the EFL for the two matches so far have been very poor. The 10 minute extended highlights are better of course, but why they can't show a few more of those important moments in the short form versions I cannot imagine.
algorithms

Very good performance, first half great one touch football and very good pressing of the ball. Second half very resiliant. When did Dickie turn into Virgil van Dyke? To be fair lots of very good performances. 25/1 to win the league doesn't look too bad now. COYY
Knew that Dickie bloke was gonna make it. 😉

Back
Top Bottom