Away Match Day Thread +++ 11/07/2019 PSF: Brackley Town v OUFC MDT +++

That was personal between the two players involved

Do you seriously think that non league managers are sending their teams out to injure oxford in their biggest income match of the season? In a friendly? Why would they, the only prize is oxford agreeing to come back next year!

The Thame bench were on top of any thame players who listened a tackle, and told KR at HT that they had been told again to be careful. I'm sure city and brackley did the same. They will all be desperate for united to come back next year.

Cant have listened that well, there were some absolutely dreadful tackles at Thame. The ones on Frear and Rob Hall gave me nightmares.

Last edited:
Cant have listened that well, there were some absolutely dreadful tackles at Thame. The ones on Frear and Rob Hall gave me nightmares.

The Frear one was "overcommitted" yes. Player got hammered by his own bench for it.

One on Hally was obviously a mistake, not deliberate. People make mistakes. Hally will be targeted in the league we cant play him in cotton wool.

I suspect any mistimed tackles were actually just that - a result of a lack of ability or match fitness rather than anything more sinister. Some footballers are a bit 'agricultural' at the best of times, no matter how careful they've been told to be!

Yeah, especially when playing in first match of the season and having to chase the ball for large portions.

I never played at this level but when i played i sometimes actually found it harder and more dangerous to pull out of tackles, you start doing unnatural things that your opponent isnt expecting. Unless you play it like basketball i suppose but then you get called lazy and lose your place!

The Frear one was "overcommitted" yes. Player got hammered by his own bench for it.

One on Hally was obviously a mistake, not deliberate. People make mistakes. Hally will be targeted in the league we cant play him in cotton wool.

I dont disagree the Hall one was a mistake but throwing in a tackle like that in a PSF? The defender went right through him.

Back
Top Bottom