Away Match Day Thread 12/03/2022 L1: Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great 3 points.
Last season, I reckon we would have probably lost this game.
As much as I don’t like his machine gun affective post match interviews, Karl is turning into a tactical Genius. No denying.
We are eking out results that a few years ago we had no chance with.
It’s as exciting as I can ever remember following this team, and I have been supporting this team for over 35 years.
Love em.

To add…there is a sense of pride now following this team. We are a decent team/club and other fans/clubs recognise that.
It’s just such a good feeling after all the s**t we put up with during the dreaded conference years. We are getting our rewards.

Cam bran…if I had not had a vacemtomy, I would have your kids.
Magic. The boy is magic. Please stay.

Very good 3 points.

I think the win today really showa the strength in depth we have in this squad. Having so many injuries but being able to bring Bodin and Mcguane off the bench says volumes about the squad we have.

I know Robinson was forced into doing it somewhat but I didnt like having Holland and Whyte behind Taylor. It isolates the central 2 and leaves us too stretched for me. I'd have started Mcguane and gone with Taylor and Whyte up top

I also thought Sykes had a very poor game. Didn't look up for it at all and I think their goal was partly due to him half heartedly tracking back rather than breaking his neck to get goal side of his man. He also seems to be the first person to flail his arms and shout at others when they make mistakes. I don't know whats been happening with his contract talks but it seems to me like his heads been turned by talk from elsewhere and he's allowed it to go to his head.

If we can get 4 points from the next two then that puts us in a really good position going into a tough run of games

Last season we were poor against the other sides in the Top 6, but this season we have bested MK away and done the double over Sheff W (they will probably make the top 6)
We have won 5 in 6 so no reason why we can't get a couple of wins v Ipswich, Sunderland, MK Plymouth and Rotherham
I agree, and what we also must remember, is that half of our remaining fixtures will be 6 pointers, against fellow playoff contenders, so any points we gain in those games, we will also be taking from them as well.

We've shown time and again this season, that we're a different beast to last season, and when we've been really up against it, we've had the bottle to fight our way to victory, with really gutsy, never say die performances, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

That Cotterill interview is weird as his body language/facial expressions are so strange, he just can't look at the interviewer or the camera. He clearly didn't want to be there though based on the same.
Have to remember he had covid and did suffer/suffers from long covid, if he hadn’t I might have thought he was pissed well he was definitely pissed off

ave to remember he had covid and did suffer/suffers from long covid, if he hadn’t I might have thought he was pissed well he was definitely pissed off

Don't think Covid has anything to do with that interview but definitely pissed off. Apparently, his interviews are a bit weird anyway according to the Shrews supporters bits I've read.

Mous, Kane & McNally stood out for me. Eastwood also made a worldie save but his distribution still worries me, and I didn’t feel comfortable when the ball was played back to him. Whyte started well but faded and Holland was anonymous, but the system didn’t play to their strengths.
I’m not sure what SC is going about with the the ref but I thought he was very good. Let the game flow and was decisive in his decision making. The pen he gave was a stone wall pen. I couldn’t see the handball shout that they had in the first half, but apart from that I can’t think of any contentious decision to spark the uproar from their fans/management. I also don’t think that he had any help from the linesman who were both very poor.

I woke up this morning thinking Wigan could still blow 2nd, and we reel them in, just like we did to Blackpool all them years ago.

We go to Rotherham and win, and beat Donny at home, to earn auto promotion back to the championship. Form is a bit of a fickle thing, but we’ve now hit some great form at the right time. 5 wins from the last 6 not bad!

We will definitely finish in the top six, but where we will see, but I tell ya what. It’s bloody exciting!

I woke up this morning thinking Wigan could still blow 2nd, and we reel them in, just like we did to Blackpool all them years ago.

We go to Rotherham and win, and beat Donny at home, to earn auto promotion back to the championship. Form is a bit of a fickle thing, but we’ve now hit some great form at the right time. 5 wins from the last 6 not bad!

We will definitely finish in the top six, but where we will see, but I tell ya what. It’s bloody exciting!
That's quite some thought process to wake up to....I woke up and farted.

I was really worried when I saw Mous and Seddon in the back three but I thought Mous in particular was magnificent. McNally is like a rolls Royce and will go on to be better than Dickie in my opinion. Gutted about Baldock being out, think we will miss him more than anyone. Poor second half but we found a way and that’s all that matters. COYY!

That's quite some thought process to wake up to....I woke up and farted.

Good lad, better out than in! Or is it… 😂

In the words of the late Jimmy Greaves “it’s a funny ol game”

I think a few clubs supporters are expecting us to slip up, but we just keep on going, and anything is possible. One way or another, they are in for a nasty shock. Third time lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom