Away Match Build Up 13/11/2021 L1: Ipswich Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Williams deserves to start ahead of Holland after his performance on Sunday. I thought he was excellent and deserves his chance.
I think he was poor, seemed to lose our way when he played on the left with Sykes moving into the middle. We were carving them up quite easily on the left until Gorrin went off injured.

I’d definitely start Holland

I think he was poor, seemed to lose our way when he played on the left with Sykes moving into the middle. We were carving them up quite easily on the left until Gorrin went off injured.

I’d definitely start Holland
I thought Williams was good, he's more of a midfielder than a pure winger but a tough character who you'd want beside you in a fight.

I think he was poor
I think you’re on your own with that one mate. Williams isn’t the same player as Holland, and offered a lot more in terms of defensive cover - which is exactly what we needed from him on Sunday. He got forward well and tracked back; but he also dropped into the gap behind the play to ensure that if we lost the ball, high up the pitch, we weren’t left exposed on the counter attack. I rate him.

I wouldn’t start him ahead of Holland, but to say he was poor, is objectively, just not true.

Last edited:
You really must obey that exclusion order.

Looked absolutely fine in Tesco on Tuesday night. He was controlling the trolley masterfully. Was wearing a pretty dodgy looking cap though. One of those ones that looks like a beanie with a peak. One or the other, Jack. You’re better than that.

The 'Ipswich are crap at the back' storyline is a bit hopeful, I reckon.
They conceded at least two goals (including 5 against Bolton!) in each of their first six league games.....but they've only done so twice in their ten games since. Paul Cook and his staff seemed to have mostly fixed those problems.

So it's going to be tough tomorrow. Still no reason we can't get something from it, though, if we play the way we can.

The 'Ipswich are crap at the back' storyline is a bit hopeful, I reckon.
They conceded at least two goals (including 5 against Bolton!) in each of their first six league games.....but they've only done so twice in their ten games since. Paul Cook and his staff seemed to have mostly fixed those problems.

So it's going to be tough tomorrow. Still no reason we can't get something from it, though, if we play the way we can.
is it a friday night game?

I think you’re on your own with that one mate. Williams isn’t the same player as Holland, and offered a lot more in terms of defensive cover - which is exactly what we needed from him on Sunday. He got forward well and tracked back; but he also dropped into the gap behind the play to ensure that if we lost the ball, high up the pitch, we weren’t left exposed on the counter attack. I rate him.

I wouldn’t start him ahead of Holland, but to say he was poor, is objectively, just not true.
Just felt he weakened the team, but not saying I’d write him off as he’s a good pro and on his day offers the team/squad a great option, but just wouldn’t start him over Holland for Saturday.

I just think he needs to get more game time e.g. coming off the bench to get back to where he was/what we know he’s capable of, but he certainly wasn’t that great on Sunday so I was disappointed with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom