Home Match Day Thread +++ 14/4/2018 OUFC v Southend Match Day Thread +++

I'd assume KR in his post match interview as he mentioned Joe Rothwell and somebody else who I didn't catch as I was only half listening.
The other name was Josh. Don’t think Hall will be risked until we are safe. (after we’ve been Wigan obviously!)

Breathing so much better now. Rochdale is now a do not loose game instead of a must win. Anything at Wigan will be a bonus. Great win today. Always proud to be a yellow. Roll on next season. In KR I trust. COYY

Please don’t keep going on about the ‘soulless breeze block’ - it was rocking.

I loved our spirit and determination today - Robinson is doing well. But we are a very flawed team - lacking a lot of pace right through the spine - ie Obika/Mowatt/Mousinho.

Mousinho looked better in midfield .

Eastwood had his best game of the season, Ricardinho immense - it is so enjoyable watching this ageing maestro.
We need 2 draws to be safe.

COYY

Eastwood collected so many daisy cutters today. One save from point blank range second half was a turning point. That would have made it 2-1 and hearts in mouth. Truly immense performance from him. No enjoyment for me today. Dry mouth, raised blood pressure, heart racing...and I feel those around me felt the same. This football club means so much to so many people.

Surely you enjoyed the final whistle? ;)

No enjoyment for me today. Dry mouth, raised blood pressure, heart racing...and I feel those around me felt the same.
I know what you mean but it was the opposite for us, really enjoyed the football we played at some points and the number of heart-stopping moments much lower than usual. However, we were with friends in the family area instead or our usual morgue position so maybe that made the difference? The blind optimism of youth?! (Apart from the family of six in front of us who spent all their time on their phones).

Surely you enjoyed the final whistle? ;)
Its funny you should mention this. Most us thought it would be around 7 added minutes, so pleasantly surprised at only 4.... although it felt like 10!!

Yeah I said to the person next to me that I expected at least 6 minutes - we certainly used up at least that!

I must have been in the minority yesterday as I felt confident we would win and was pretty relaxed (aside from when that shot was heading towards our post just after our second goal - what a difference that would have made if it had gone in rather than rolled across the goal line...)

I’ve never been so incorrectly certain we had scored than when Ledson’s header didn’t go in. Think it was their playing rustling the bet which gave the impression that the ball had definitely found the back of the net.

I just had a look at the blood letting on the Chesterfield FC forum.

They look to be getting relegated despite a big playing budget this season.

Talk about how long the club can survive.

Yeah I said to the person next to me that I expected at least 6 minutes - we certainly used up at least that!

I must have been in the minority yesterday as I felt confident we would win and was pretty relaxed (aside from when that shot was heading towards our post just after our second goal - what a difference that would have made if it had gone in rather than rolled across the goal line...)

I’ve never been so incorrectly certain we had scored than when Ledson’s header didn’t go in. Think it was their playing rustling the bet which gave the impression that the ball had definitely found the back of the net.

The ball was well past the crossbar before it was knocked out, it was a goal and everyone around me thought the same. I thought at that point it was going to be one of those days.

The ball was well past the crossbar before it was knocked out, it was a goal and everyone around me thought the same. I thought at that point it was going to be one of those days.
I thought it was a goal but the goal cam seems to suggest otherwise.
When Obika (1:40ish) nearly scored you can see how much space Thomas was in, he would have had a tap in.

Back
Top Bottom