Away Match Day Thread 15/04/2022 L1: Fleetwood Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether you’re negative or positive both have to be welcomed on this forum. Some me included are negative on occasions because they’re warranted some are positive on occasions because they are also warranted. Most in here are both positive and negative and I account for one of those and rightly so.
You can be always negative as in the case of one person but that’s there prerogative as is being always positive as is there prerogative. But one poster when being positive does yes thebout down in the negative responses form some but thatbis what is wrong as that lacks honesty.
If like yesterday game at Fleetwood I think everyone would have started positive especially after the last 3 games and the negative results.
However after our 3 well taken goals we became to laid back and allowed Fleetwood back into the game and for almost all the 2nd half we were back peddling so the positivity became a negativity and rightly so.
We almost came away with nothing let alone a point if that goal line clearance hadn’t been made.
As it is we came away with 3 points which has to be a positive, but in no way should it detract from a negative 2nd half.
If we were all honest we would say we were poor 2nd half and hung on for dear life.
It wasn’t a scrappy 1-0 win yesterday it was a case of good fortune that we came away with 3 points.
Now let’s move onto Tuesday evening and get 3 points…. Will it be positive or negative? Let’s all be honest and stop belittling those who have an opposite response to your own.

Negative on occasions? :)

My positivity might be tiresome to you but the constant negativity from so many others is so much worse.

Im afraid I’ll have to disagree. That’s your self perspective to help you justify your forum persona.

Just like politics ANY INCESSANT BEHAVIOUR IS TIRESOME especially when it tries to slant something a particular way in an obsessively repetitive way. Be that self described as positive or negative.

Observations about opportunities for improvement don’t equate automatically to negativity. Contrarily they could be assumed to show ambition.

I’m all for a bit of positivity but not at the expense of shutting down / policing free discourse and expression of other view points.

anyone else notice our goal celebrations yesterday, especially Bran’s? Very subdued I thought, almost as if they are thinking it’s too little, too late. Or am I overthinking it?

I did think similar, I have to say. I should imagine the celebrations would have been a little different were we still to be in the play-off boxseats.

I actually thought the hug between CamBran and Boden was pretty celebratory!

What bothered me most about the game yesterday was the fact that SO many of our passes seemed to be going astray, as though people weren't on the same wavelength. What happened to the crisp and accurate passing of yestermonth? What delighted me most (in light of the discussion for the last few pages I'm going for "balance") were each of the three goals, Brown's goal line clearance, and the three points.

I've been to well over 1000 games, and saw the same game yesterday as someone on the terrace. So my views are no less valid. My positivity might be tiresome to you but the constant negativity from so many others is so much worse.

The fact that we didn't deserve to win is as irrelevant as the fact that we deserved far more from the previous 3 games. What I don't understand is why those who claim to be better supporters by going to the games are often the most negative contributors to this forum?

Everyone who demands balance are also pretty quick to attack my positivity! The Robbo Out thread is full of posts saying that performances mean nothing without the results. Well yesterday we got the result.

Supporting Oxford has never been an easy ride. Perfection rarely happens, and even the "glory days" had numerous lucky results and dire performances. But they're quickly forgotten. If we somehow managed to squeeze into the playoffs this year and got promoted, yesterday will nothing more than 3 points.
1000 games? Bit of a greenhorn really.

anyone else notice our goal celebrations yesterday, especially Bran’s? Very subdued I thought, almost as if they are thinking it’s too little, too late. Or am I overthinking it?
Can used to play for them

He’s trying to justify his overbearing “I’m always right” posts and condescending attitude towards “lesser” supporters.
Oh come ON! If you want condescending, just remember back to Charlie and Charliesghost. I don't think SE is either overbearing or condescending....just intent on providing a positive spin on most things. And frankly there's enough doom and depression to go around after we've lost or just played badly that we could all do with some positivity. Or at least I could. It's so much more palatable (at least to me) than the incessant negativity that we get from a couple of posters, and "the sky is falling" we get from some others.

Oh come ON! If you want condescending, just remember back to Charlie and Charliesghost. I don't think SE is either overbearing or condescending....just intent on providing a positive spin on most things. And frankly there's enough doom and depression to go around after we've lost or just played badly that we could all do with some positivity. Or at least I could. It's so much more palatable (at least to me) than the incessant negativity that we get from a couple of posters, and "the sky is falling" we get from some others.
You can be positive all the time which is fine, but being positive when there isn’t anything to have been positive about is a strange one. As I posted earlier if people are more honest about things and accept the truth there will be a good nix of positivity and negativity.
I suppose you new friend would have been positive if they had scored to equalise and who knows possibly steal the 3 points as we were under the cosh but obviously he didn’t see us under the cosh, so yes and quite rightly so there was negativity about compared to the first 30 mins of rhe 1st half when it was total positivity.
However we went of the boil may have sat back and tried to hold in to the lead.. I think the former would have been the reason.
But yes your friend can be overhearing and condescending.
He publicly announced he was ignoring me, did I give a s**t? Did I f**k.
Yes your friend has been on here drunming uo support for uo and coming matches and fair play to him. But if he can just speak the truth rather than dress things up.
I will speak positively and negatively which ever is the right point at the time.
But I will also be honest!

But Bazzer, saying he's ignoring you isn't condescending or overbearing...it's just a bit silly, because he's obviously not doing so.

The thing is that even in defeat there ARE things to be positive about, even if the overwhelming feeling is one of gloom and depression. And when we're all feeling full of gloom and depression it's not a bad thing to pick out the few positives--the brilliant save, the shot that should have hit the back of the net, the one flowing move. And that's what SE (not my friend, by the way--I've never met him) tries to do, and I'm glad that he does.

I just don't see the value in doing the opposite, though--mentioning the crap when we've just played brilliantly and won. Why anyone (not you, by the way) wants to play Debbie the Downer all the time is just beyond me...and if was like that I'd probably also think that KFC has the best cuisine the world has to offer.

But Bazzer, saying he's ignoring you isn't condescending or overbearing...it's just a bit silly, because he's obviously not doing so.

The thing is that even in defeat there ARE things to be positive about, even if the overwhelming feeling is one of gloom and depression. And when we're all feeling full of gloom and depression it's not a bad thing to pick out the few positives--the brilliant save, the shot that should have hit the back of the net, the one flowing move. And that's what SE (not my friend, by the way--I've never met him) tries to do, and I'm glad that he does.

I just don't see the value in doing the opposite, though--mentioning the crap when we've just played brilliantly and won. Why anyone (not you, by the way) wants to play Debbie the Downer all the time is just beyond me...and if was like that I'd probably also think that KFC has the best cuisine the world has to offer.

Sorry you feel that way, but you have to be honest with oneself. If we play poor but win I will say so as Will others, the positivity is the three points but that’s it we were poor, we lose but play a blinder Then I will say we were outstanding, the negativity is the fact we’ve got nothing to show for it when we were brilliant. I would rather say that than just say something which had no bearing on the game but was said to look positive.
I just prefer to be honest and if that is different to what somebody else posts then fair enough.
Again we have come up short this season which is a shame as we have a decent squad who in our day are more than a match for what we have come up against, sadly injuries have put paid to us ( at the moment ) from being in the play offs.
Do I think KR has one more season? Off course but if no promotion next season should he be given another season? No I don’t think so. He seems a likeable character met him on a couple of occasions and he is a genuine person.
What he has done within the community is exceptional and very well received by the community.
But sadly there aren’t sentiments in football there is only so much owners are willing to except.

But who knows this time next year we could be in the automatics with no chance of being caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom