Away Match Build Up 16/11/2021 FA Cup 1st R. Replay: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forde played left back when we beat Lincoln at home last season on the telly. And scored too. I’d play him left back

Given how much this forum hates it when kr plays people out of position, I love that some seem happy to play right winger Williams as a left back.
Not sure, but I seem to remember that one of thornily or McNally have played there at previous clubs, so that would make more sense, with Williams played on the wing, even if it means giving mous an outing.
I think if Williams was played for one game at left back because we had no-one else available then no-one would have a problem with it. If Williams was played for a handful of games at left back, and also a few sub appearances there, then told that he’d been given chance after chance here and clearly wasn’t good enough for us, then people might quite fairly have a problem with it, yes… Also hopefully when Williams is played there, people will cut him some slack rather than saying ‘He isn’t fulfilling all of the criteria of this very specific position! Get rid!’

Taylor won’t play. He will be rested, and I expect Moore or Thorniley to be replaced by McNally.

I think Bodin,McGuane, Agyei, and Williams Will all get minutes under there belts.

Is there any foreign channels broadcasting this game since ifollow aren't?

I feel a bit sorry for Anthony Forde if he ends up playing left back. That's got to be, what, his seventh best position in our normal formation? Knowing him, I'm sure he'll man up and put in his usual fully committed and competent performance - but it's tough for a guy on a one-year contract when his only chances to impress are limited to playing so far out of position!
That said, with Seddon & Long both likely in need of a rest, and Elechi and LCP out on loan, I can't see that we have anyone else to play there.

Williams and Forde are unlucky not to play more and am sure will fill in well. If only we had that other left back though.

You can make nine subs? That's crazy and is basically saying the FA Cup is now just a silly fringe competition.

I expect
Eastwood
Forde
McNally
Moore
Hanson
Henry
Branagan
McGuane
Williams
Taylor
Bodin

Should be good enough.

Williams and Forde are unlucky not to play more and am sure will fill in well. If only we had that other left back though.

You can make nine subs? That's crazy and is basically saying the FA Cup is now just a silly fringe competition.
I think you can name nine but play five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom