Votes: 49 66.2%
  • Gillingham

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 former Yellows players will possibly start for Gills. Cundy, Alex MacDonald and Jordan Graham. They are good at what they do but its not pretty. Long ball, loads of free kicks hoisted into the area, long throws, big striker,
pressing. Ugh! Very different game to the last 2.

You have to accept that Evans gets his fair share of wins but he's still one of the worst advertisements for the beautiful game. We may end the season behind Gillingham but I wouldn't swap managers for all the tea in China!
Tbf he isn’t a bad manager

• React
Reactions: m
Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Henry Brannagan Sykes
Lee Taylor Aygei

1-0 Oxford. Late Henry winner

Odious manager. One of only two ‘managers’ I’ve ever heard telling his players to stop trying to play football. Pain in the @rse on the touch line - constantly whinging to the officials. Makes Robbo look like Mary Poppins. Love getting one over him as his post match interviews are never graceful in defeat. COYY

I don't know what the news is about Barker. Presume he is out for a week or so. Only change Saturday is Mido starting in place of Barker. I think we will score 3. Taylor Sykes and Moore. COYY

Have a bad feeling about this one. We also seem to struggle against the teams that would prefer to be mud wrestling than playing football. Need an early goal to force them to drop some of their cheating ways. Score first and we'll win, if they score first they'll shithouse their way to 3 points. If they've done their research they'll target Sykes knowing he can be a little hot headed and has a habit of giving away soft fouls.

Dont know about Sykes getting hotheaded, Brannagan gets involved also which is a little worrying, for his part its the passion and the will to win that gets the better of him at times. Not the game for Gorrin either.

Different challenge Saturday - we know how Evans’ teams play. Akinde and Oliver up front. Need our midfield winning second balls and giving us a platform to play. Such a tricky team selection because Gorrin (if fit) will do that infinitely better than Sykes but seems crazy to change a team that’s been so cohesive. I can’t see us not finding some momentum at some point though. I reckon 2-1 with a late winner.

So all the teams above and around us will have played by the time we kick off. If Portsmouth and/or Blackpool have lost, a decent win catapults us into the play off places. If not, we are playing catch up again. A cup final whichever way you look at it - if that makes sense

Different challenge Saturday - we know how Evans’ teams play. Akinde and Oliver up front. Need our midfield winning second balls and giving us a platform to play. Such a tricky team selection because Gorrin (if fit) will do that infinitely better than Sykes but seems crazy to change a team that’s been so cohesive. I can’t see us not finding some momentum at some point though. I reckon 2-1 with a late winner.
If Sykes keeps playing like he has been then it would be madness to drop him, he’s finding little gaps of spaces constantly and keeping us moving well

My head is saying set up defensively but something tells me we should go out all attacking, nab an early goal and hold on, preferably getting one of their less pleasant 'players' sent off in the process. As we saw with Wycombe, if they get an early goal they can just bully us and snatch the win, despite seemingly having no comprehension of how football works. If we get that goal, they're (hopefully) stuffed.

I feel like if we keep rolling out this same 11 then they'll get tired and lose their flow, but equally changing one part of it could lead to disaster. Shodipo in for Barker to prevent him aggravating his injury, other than that, if they can keep doing it like they we've seen they can, keep it coming!

My head is saying set up defensively but something tells me we should go out all attacking, nab an early goal and hold on, preferably getting one of their less pleasant 'players' sent off in the process. As we saw with Wycombe, if they get an early goal they can just bully us and snatch the win, despite seemingly having no comprehension of how football works. If we get that goal, they're (hopefully) stuffed.
Don't agree with trying to get an early goal and then trying to hang on! If there is one thing we are bad at consistently, it is that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom