Home Match Day Thread 17-04-2021 L1 OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big swingometer for those doubting voting Sam Long as player of the season
Interesting that we have had a 7 different players of the month so far this season-Taylor, Long, Gorrin, Stevens, Ruffels, Moore and Brannagan.

I expect Sam will get it again for April and POTS award.

Would have thought Atkinson had deserved a monthly award tho.

It'll be fine assuming there is sufficient parking when they build their unnecessary new stadium by Junction 13 on the M5 in the middle of nowhere so no public transport links. Rather destroys their green credentials considering they own the New Lawn and it is a decent little stadium. The New Lawn is easy enough to get to tbh and if you like a walk just park at the bottom of the hill and walk up.
I never learnt to drive! I've only ever lived in the centre of cities

This aged well with what followed!

(I should say this was just before our 1st goal or just after depending on where the poster's iFollow was at and I do understand the poster's frustration as well.)

I think a lot of us felt the same at 0-2, but like i said it was an incredible turn around, and we only actually started to play as soon as we scored. This football club don’t half put you through the mill. Heart attack one day.

They had a long throw, we just had a Long. I'll settle for the latter. Still pinching myself after yesterday. Just hope we can grab three points at Plough Lane ...... or whatever it might be called now.

I think a lot of us felt the same at 0-2, but like i said it was an incredible turn around, and we only actually started to play as soon as we scored. This football club don’t half put you through the mill. Heart attack one day.

Lucky Winnal scored quickly after their second. I was giving it 10 mins and was going to switch off if we didn't improve. It's a strange feeling watching it on TV compared to in the ground. I was at Rotherham game last year when we were 3-0 down at half time. We pulled it back to 3-2 and was unlucky not to get a draw out of it . I didn't see anyone leave at 3-0 down but I'm sure alot would of switched of the TV.

Highlights from a Gills perspective....guys does a good job with his commentary to be fair and that last 15 minutes must have been tough to take

Gotta love that “number 12 player”. Could at least have a team sheet in front of him [emoji23]

Yes we will be the RB Leipzig of English football, and storm to the top flight and feature in Europe’s biggest club competition. Wouldn’t mind going to the Nou Camp, and Allianz Arena on a Tuesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom