Home Match Day Thread 17-04-2021 L1 OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m watching the game on I player and when their second goal went in I said to my wife I’m going to light the bbq, she taps on the window to say it’s 2-1 so I came in and I said yeah but I can’t see them scoring another, went back outside, another tap on the window 2-2, came back in and said bloody he’ll that’s a good point, went back outside and the rest is history, Never leave early folks
Can you have the same ritual for the remainder of the season as clearly it works please?

Starting from tomorrow
If it works for the rest of the season, we will all come and shake your hand in August.

We'll know who you are, you'll be be bloke with no eyebrows who smells of charcoal! ;)

Only just managed to calm down from Saturday. To be a successful team, you have to win games when you play poorly; which is exactly what we did. Did we deserve 3 points over the 90? No. But my god the passion and the fight from every single player who donned the yellow shirt in those last 20... I've been a big critic of Winnall. But he is the reason we won that game. The players who'd played 72 minutes and gone 2-0 down didn't look like they had it in them, but a really good finish from Winnall flips the momentum on its head. Throw in some good defensive headers, some good hold up play and some out strengthing of the defenders to make space - it wasn't flashy but it's probably the best sub performance of the season. Well done Sam. It was good to hear KR praising both him and Dan after the game for how well they turned the game around for us - bang on, both were hugely important, and the diamond setup rather than the 442 looked really effective with the three strikers.

And my word Sam Long. I cannot believe that barely 2 weeks ago I was arguing with people whether Sam Long was good enough for this league. Sam Long is the best right back we've had in my time as a supporter (22ish years). Baldock is better now, but Sam now compared to Baldock then? I'll take Sam. Cadden and Kane? Nah, Sam for me. His improvement this season, especially going forward, has been utterly immense. And to think, not too long ago we had Dwight Tiendalli in right back. Unless someone goes on a ridiculous goalscoring run to take us to the Championship, Sam is my POTS. It was close between him, Stevens and Moore, but he's clinched it for me now. All the talk of whether we can keep hold of Moore, Stevens, Atkinson and Brannagan... I think Sam Long has to be considered one that clubs will be chasing now, making his new contract all the more important.

Sorry folks, but I’m going to have to roll out the “angry crabs” nickname for every game now. It worked for the previous game, and on Saturday I didn’t do it til the second half, and the rest is history ...

There was only one team going to win it up to Winnalls superb goal. Evans then messed up by trying to keep us out for a 2-1. But they just dropped deeper and invited us on and we took it on and kept coming. A great three points in the end but we shouldn't dismiss how mediocre we were for the first 70-74.
Good goals, great crosses and Sammie Long, what a finisher!!

in this seasons official away kit colour too ....

View attachment 6148
Angry Crabs pavement dance...

BitterCharmingAngelwingmussel-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom