Home Match Day Thread +++ 17/3/2018 OUFC v PETERBOUROUGH +++

Dickie is immense. Doesn’t miss a header. If him and branagan are the type tiger continues to bring in, then we will be just fine. Still not quite sure what obika does? First couple of games I thought he looked great, now he don’t jump, trips over his own feet and always picks the wrong option.
Obika is the master of the left footed step over. IMO an underrated player.

That is amusing. He could have been off earlier with the late challenge on Napa, especially after Lego's caution for the same thing a few minutes before.
Steve Evans myopia missed it, but the Ref told him one more while we were waiting to take the corner after that foul. To give him credit, he remembered it was Baldwin and sent him off.

Really enjoyed that today. We do have some good players in our squad and fair play to Faz today as he picked a formation that got the best out of them. Brannagan looks really cool on the ball, Ledson had his best game in ages and was up there for man of the match with Dickie and Henry. Gino looks better in a front 2 with support round him but really is headless when he has to make a decision. A really committed performance though and if that's the last thing Faz does for us he should go with his head held high.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that today. We do have some good players in our squad and fair play to Faz today as he picked a formation that got the best out of them. Brannagan looks really cool on the ball, Ledson had his best game in ages and was up there for man of the match with Dickie and Henry. Gino looks better in a front 2 with support round him but really is headless when he has to make a decision. A really committed performance thougg and if that's the last thing Faz does for us he should go with his head held high.
Dickie and CBranagan I hope will have the time to become the backbone of Tiger new dynasty. I rate both very highly, esp Branagan. I can see why Europe's finest were interested.

An enjoyable game and win, both teams were a bit wasteful in front of goal and there goalie was a pile of shite thankfully but I predicted a win by one goal in a tight game, that we were the better team is a bonus.

Henry is much better down the middle, he isn’t a winger anymore so play him behind two up top and his qualities will show.

It was a massive win though, if we get relegated from here it’s our own fault.

Put that in your stat pipe and smoke it.

d42167283a16f902fa16f31f906912fa.jpg

Yu
And... Our game management was spot on. The first time this year I've happy that we've done some of the more naughty stuff we usually shy away from
Yup. Agreed. I thought it was our best all round performance of the season. We had great intensity, much better shape, Branagan looks a player and Dickie is more reliable than our other centre backs. Very 'lower league' - no frills - but that is what you need sometimes.
Play with that energy for a few more games and we will get to 52 points before Wigan and Blackburn away.
Big, but relief and, despite the cold, enjoyed seeing such a whole hearted performance.

Dickie was a joy to watch - as you say: right player in the right position in the right league. I don’t think anyone really put a foot wrong today, except maybe Obika. As someone else said - what does he do, exactly?

I wish we had a striker like Marriott. Horrible little s**t to play against, consistently gets his shots away, he like a little Danny Hylton
When he stayed on side he caused us massive issues. Luckily he had the inability to do that today. He's definitely a striker brimming with confidence you can see that with how he played today.

I’d be well chuffed if we could nick him in the Summer. Well chuffed. And so would Bazzer.

I recall when your team wasted time from the 1st minute of a game and were incredibly blatant about it. So politely, STFU

I remember that game against Boston 0-0 in about 2005.

I recall it because I use it as a benchmark for being the yardstick to judge all other matches by being one of the worst spectacles of. It was the single worst football match I have ever seen. Any neutral there would have walked out in disgust.

I don’t have twitter but I’m sure Evans does. Someone should take Evans to task on this, I’d love to hear what he might have to say for himself.....

Yesterday’s performance was energetic and committed. We deserved the points against good opponents.

Encouraging signs that a lot of young players are beginning to grow up,

Like Napa’s attitude a lot. Reckon he could be a valuable asset.

No nonsense defending and plenty of craft from Henry made for one of the most satisfying Saturday’s of the season.

Crowd got stuck in as well.

Remain totally bemused by off field shenanigans. Never boring at our crazy club.

Since December at least, has Henry let us down with a performance? I know he had a bit of a slow start but I think that was more down to him not being the type of player we thought he was going to be. If played in the right position he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet if I was picking the team.

I do like the diamond midfield as I think it benefitted the qualities of the 4 in there. 2 things for me that seemed obvious:
  1. Branagan protected the centre backs well, he's going to be a great asset.
  2. We managed to cover the flanks well enough despite being narrow. This may have been down to an ineffective Posh set up (especially after they switched to match us).
Agree with the comments about Henry, I really like him. I also think Napa could be a better player than O'Dowda, he seems to be stronger in his first proper season although I can't remember if they were both the same ages so possibly not a fair comparison.

Yesterday’s performance was energetic and committed. We deserved the points against good opponents.

Encouraging signs that a lot of young players are beginning to grow up,

Like Napa’s attitude a lot. Reckon he could be a valuable asset.

No nonsense defending and plenty of craft from Henry made for one of the most satisfying Saturday’s of the season.

Crowd got stuck in as well.

Remain totally bemused by off field shenanigans. Never boring at our crazy club.

Rob Dickie = the next Alfie Mawson.

As for Evans. What horrible little w****r he is. A short arsed bully boy who for most of the game, reffed it from the touchline but had the gall to complain about decisions. What a pathetic weasel of a human being he is. Thanks for the 3 points!

Yup absolute tool! I’m not sure how he gets away with it?

Massive massive massive win, walked out of the place knackered and I wasn’t even playing.
Henry was my man of the match, we need players like him to step up to the plate and he did, we need the experienced players to keep us up so another mom performance next week could help us over the line,
On another note, I’ve never heard so many away fans so quiet, I know we were at them from the start but it was like a morgue in their section.

How did we get their player sent off, he made the stupid challenge not us, I notice that fat c**t Evans never mentioned the challenge on napa that I thought was at least a yellow went unpunished, they had the ref in their pocket all game, more bad officiating.

Back
Top Bottom