Home Match Build Up 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Who will win this leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it you've never come across a "vomitorium" before then.....

At the previous games, due to social distancing, there was always an empty seat next to most. They were being vigorously 'banged' whenever the opportunity arose. Made one hell of a noise and a great atmosphere. (even up in the SSU where it caught on and had folks looking around to see if the stewards would stop us - they didn't)

In the North Stand the stewards break your face if you stop banging your seat.

Without larger groups of people congregating it will be tricky to get widespread chants going other than the top 3 or 4 ones

How can we get behind the team if we're not encouraged to sing , chant , shout etc?
Wave a flag?..no, clap politely?
The guidance doesn’t say we shouldn’t sing, it just points out the increased risks of doing so. We’ll be outside, in a breeze, wearing masks, distanced apart.
I’ve had both jabs, you’ll be safe enough near me if you’re in the East stand, there’s more chance of your eardrums being damaged.

Safe enough near me too after both jabs. However, I can’t promise I won’t knock your teeth out attempting to head or scorpion kick the ball back into play (rules clearly state no throwing of the ball back to the players). 😥

I do have one small worry about tomorrow’s game
We are usually rubbish in front of cameras
Just saying ......

Well that’s something I’ve learnt today! Not demeaning us good folk of Oxford but not too sure the general public will know that! Perhaps passageway might have been better terminology! 🤣
I don't think they were expecting anyone to actually read the terms and conditions 😂

I have no idea what time to set off tomorrow after a year and a bit of barely leaving the house. Not sure what traffic is like these days, what parking will be like with a smaller crowd and how long it takes to get in the ground. Help!

I have no idea what time to set off tomorrow after a year and a bit of barely leaving the house. Not sure what traffic is like these days, what parking will be like with a smaller crowd and how long it takes to get in the ground. Help!
traffic in Oxford is really s**t from 4pm onwards ...25 min delays rife in various areas ... give yourself plenty of (extra) travelling time

6pm ko is f*****g ridiculous IMO

Fine
Pretty good
Not long

• React
Reactions: MJB

Traffic is probably between 70 and 80% of what it was.

You'll be able to park at the ground easily enough with 4K.

I don't think it will take much longer to get in than it would with a standard league 1 crowd.

• React
Reactions: MJB
traffic in Oxford is really s**t from 4pm onwards ...25 min delays rife in various areas ... give yourself plenty of (extra) travelling time

6pm ko is f*****g ridiculous IMO

Yeah, it's not really hit me until today what a pain in the a**e 6PM KO is.

Hey ho.

I was at the oufc shop this morning, the overflow car park was closed.
most of the 'main' carpark will be accommodating vaccinators and support staff... as well as a stream of vaccinates coming and going

As soon as the games start fans will get caught up in the game and will shout and sing as that what comes naturally to a football fan! No one will mind it happening, the club are pretty much obliged to publish those guidelines.

I still don’t know if the chippy is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom