Votes: 54 74.0%
  • Blackpool

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He came on in the derby, so I don’t see why him coming on against Blackpool would be overly unlikely. If he’s not even on the bench then it’ll likely be because Forde or Henry is, at which point they would come on instead of him in that scenario. Either way we have the players available to make five subs without anybody needing to be played out of position.

Ultimately I’m just a sexual deviant who has blagged his way into a kit man job, so my opinion matters for very little. Let me know if you ever need any grass stains getting out of your trousers.
Why did I read that as kilt man 🤣

Shodipo for Barker
Sykes for Lee
Chambers-Parillon for Kelly or Brannagan
Agyei or Winnall for Taylor

Grayson leftover who can (so we’re told) play any of centre back, left back and centre midfield. If you really need to use all five subs then he’s there for any of those roles.

And that’s assuming Forde and Henry are both unavailable. If one of them is available then there’s the option to use them off the bench instead of Chambers-Parillon.
Winnall?!? Winnall?!? WINNALL?!?

Winnall?!? Winnall?!? WINNALL?!?
Ok, gonna bite.

I`m up for a debate about this as i really like the idea that Agyei can bring a different threat, at the same
time i think that Winnall has the potential to be on a par with Taylor, if thats at the same level as the last
game Taylor played then having one replace the other off the bench would be a dream at this level.

In my perfect Oxford United world Taylor and Winnall rotate and Agyei gets to keep them on their toes,
starts a few games and covers for injuries, on top of that i would use him out wide if i needed to rest
anyone, his record in that position is really quite good and i would have no qualms about it.

As for forcing him to play out of position when he is out wide, well, i couldnt find the interview of him when he joined us but i did
find this, skip to 1:00 and make of that what you will.

Ok, gonna bite.

I`m up for a debate about this as i really like the idea that Agyei can bring a different threat, at the same
time i think that Winnall has the potential to be on a par with Taylor, if thats at the same level as the last
game Taylor played then having one replace the other off the bench would be a dream at this level.

In my perfect Oxford United world Taylor and Winnall rotate and Agyei gets to keep them on their toes,
starts a few games and covers for injuries, on top of that i would use him out wide if i needed to rest
anyone, his record in that position is really quite good and i would have no qualms about it.

As for forcing him to play out of position when he is out wide, well, i couldnt find the interview of him when he joined us but i did
find this, skip to 1:00 and make of that what you will.

Sorry, but from what I've seen of Winnall, his fitness levels, speed, sharpness, overall link up play, and goal threat is non existent in comparison to Taylor and Agyei.

I don't mean to sound harsh on the guy, and maybe he was a good striker before all the injuries, but since he's been here, he's shown nothing to suggest he'll still be here next season.

Sorry, but from what I've seen of Winnall, his fitness levels, speed, sharpness, overall link up play, and goal threat is non existent in comparison to Taylor and Agyei.

I don't mean to sound harsh on the guy, and maybe he was a good striker before all the injuries, but since he's been here, he's shown nothing to suggest he'll still be here next season.
Agree with a lot of that tbf, i think he had a couple of games that showed glimpses of what he is capable of, then he got injured, again.

If we had more options i might agree about not playing him and cutting him loose at the end of the season, KR seems to rate him though,
and the only way he is going to have a chance to improve and show us what he`s got is by getting minutes, in his favour is lack of bodies
in wide areas, and playing Winnall allows Agyei to help rotation, might want to take into account that if anything happened to either
Taylor or Agyei then Winnall is our only other option, keeping him fresh is probably a good idea.

Its horses for courses at this stage of the season and we cant really pick and choose what we want when our options are so thin.

Well, i have to admit this debate about Agyei ( starting to get fed up typing his name tbh ) is not gonna stop, so lets leave it at that and
see which way the cookie crumbles on saturday, whoever plays we all want the same thing at the end of the day.

Oh be quiet, you loved him when he got two goals the other week and looked like a real find. You girls are so fickle.

If Winall gets on before Agyei or Lee before Sykes I wont be happy. We need youth and energy not slighly crocked and slow players however good they may have been in the past. Ill be happy to be proved wrong......

Accept the point re Winnall and Agyei, but really not sure about the highlighted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom