Away Match Day Thread 20/11/2021 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to be the norm. Having witnessed how one person took a leak, without lifting the seat, he then left without flushing or washing hands. Best to play safe and not touch anything, eh?
Seems like everyone has a weak bladder.

You really, really don’t want to touch the taps.

Do what I do and hire a man to handle everything for you. Literally. He takes care of all the zips and drips. Complete peace of mind.

So that was what Jamie Hanson was doing while injured.

Well the first 14 pages of this thread have been "lovely" evening reading for a Sunday.

If we get a keeper in for Tuesday - and it sounds like we had one ready to go for Saturday but he was too far away from Wigan - then I think we'll end up having to play as we have enough other senior pros to scrape an XI together. With the youth teamers who have already featured in the Pizza trophy, then we can also fill a bench.

The only reasons for it to be off is Public Health England getting involved. We know we've had 7 players test positive, plus the mention of backroom staff, any more and PHE may well ask us to shut the training ground down for a period of time. Think this happened to Accrington last season.
Earlier this season Harrogate cancelled 3 fixtures in a row due to positive tests.

As for the Comms in the morning, the only thing I think could have happened was a holding message around the game being in doubt and therefore letting supporters make their own decisions about whether to travel (much like when there are pitch inspections announced).

Last edited:
I was speaking to a Wigan Season Ticket holder on the Friday evening and he said that they were really worried about playing us. They had injury problems at Centre Half and midfield.

Gutted as it might of been our best chance to get a win. I won't be able to make a mid-week game, anyone know what the process is for getting a refund for the tickets?

I once knew a lady that wore false nails she also enjoyed chocolate until one day after using the facilities she thought the thing under her nail was chocolate but turned out to something worse it was 💩 that she had just bit from under her nails needless to say she never had chocolate again 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I guess thats one way to give up chocolate !!!!

I once knew a lady that wore false nails she also enjoyed chocolate until one day after using the facilities she thought the thing under her nail was chocolate but turned out to something worse it was 💩 that she had just bit from under her nails needless to say she never had chocolate again 🤣🤣🤣🤣
....was that during the toilet paper shortage ?

I'm sorry to drag this up again...but please read this comment from a Wigan fan on their forum :D

'They travelled with 2 keepers,but cos the back up GK had only 1 covid jab and was a close contact of the positive players he had to isolate.But he's 19 years old,so that begs the question why has he only had 1 covid jab when they were available to lads his age months ago?Was he also conveniently not a close contact of the one or two that tested positive earlier in the week?

That still doesn't alter the fact though that they had 2 other U18 academy GKs available,1 of which, Fraser Barnsley didn't even get on the pitch from the bench from their academy game on Friday.There was more than enough time on Saturday morning to contact both of those lads and get them up to Wigan for KO.

Moreover Robinson says he tried to get an emergency loan GK on Saturday morning.Well he obviously didn't bloody try hard enough as there's over 20 clubs in the Championship and L1 within a 2 hours drive of Wigan.

I still find it hard to believe that when they were all tested on Friday night there was no positive tests and miraculously several hours later there where 7 after a few showed symptoms during the night.Usually when you get covid if you show symptoms they don't happen until a few days after you catch it,so surely if they were tested several hours earlier those tests would be positive?

By conveniently having all these positive tests at once on the day of the game,it made it easier for Robinson to get the game off.But the question is did they all test positive on the morning of the game or were Oxford hiding that some of the 7 were before that,giving them less time to get a replacement GK(s) and using that as an excuse.They may have wanted to wait for their academy game to go ahead too on the Friday, before confirming any positive tests to again try and make it easier to get the game off.

I see,surprise,surprise that their game with Fleetwood tonight is going ahead.At the very least our club needs to be compensated for lost revenue,both sets of fans that travelled long distances need to be fully reimbursed and a proper, thorough investigation needs to take place by the EFL against Oxford because the whole thing stinks'!

I'm sorry to drag this up again...but please read this comment from a Wigan fan on their forum :D

'They travelled with 2 keepers,but cos the back up GK had only 1 covid jab and was a close contact of the positive players he had to isolate.But he's 19 years old,so that begs the question why has he only had 1 covid jab when they were available to lads his age months ago?Was he also conveniently not a close contact of the one or two that tested positive earlier in the week?

That still doesn't alter the fact though that they had 2 other U18 academy GKs available,1 of which, Fraser Barnsley didn't even get on the pitch from the bench from their academy game on Friday.There was more than enough time on Saturday morning to contact both of those lads and get them up to Wigan for KO.

Moreover Robinson says he tried to get an emergency loan GK on Saturday morning.Well he obviously didn't bloody try hard enough as there's over 20 clubs in the Championship and L1 within a 2 hours drive of Wigan.

I still find it hard to believe that when they were all tested on Friday night there was no positive tests and miraculously several hours later there where 7 after a few showed symptoms during the night.Usually when you get covid if you show symptoms they don't happen until a few days after you catch it,so surely if they were tested several hours earlier those tests would be positive?

By conveniently having all these positive tests at once on the day of the game,it made it easier for Robinson to get the game off.But the question is did they all test positive on the morning of the game or were Oxford hiding that some of the 7 were before that,giving them less time to get a replacement GK(s) and using that as an excuse.They may have wanted to wait for their academy game to go ahead too on the Friday, before confirming any positive tests to again try and make it easier to get the game off.

I see,surprise,surprise that their game with Fleetwood tonight is going ahead.At the very least our club needs to be compensated for lost revenue,both sets of fans that travelled long distances need to be fully reimbursed and a proper, thorough investigation needs to take place by the EFL against Oxford because the whole thing stinks'!
Reminds me of a lot of our fans reactions last year after Crewe and Swindon - we felt hard done by, so do they.

Reminds me of a lot of our fans reactions last year after Crewe and Swindon - we felt hard done by, so do they.
Just makes me laugh that they think, to make it look genuine from our side, we would actually not play 7 of our players in the next game :D

How long did all that take to work out and type? I bet he's well up on all sorts of other mad conspiracies

It does remind me of us last season but I wonder how they would have reacted if we did what Crewe did and just turn up to play the match oh and scum were only missing one player I think

He may have a point re the keeper part. The rest is just noise.

Robbo does seem to be making a point of protecting the youth players until they are ready to step up to senior mens football.
It's one thing playing against other youth teams with probably very few fans.
Imagine being a U-18 GK and having a howler, then getting grief off your own players, abuse from the away fans, and sledging and perhaps a physical battering from the opposition players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom