Away Match Day Thread 20/11/2021 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
They shouldn’t, no.

However I have yet to hear any evidence from a credible source or scientist to say that you should not have it. The chances of getting COVID, being hospitalised from it and/or spreading it to others drastically reduces from being double jabbed.

The ‘arguments’ against invariably come from people who have ‘done their own research’. I consider myself reasonably bright but I understand my own shortcomings on this as I don’t have the academic smarts to comprehend all the data behind the vaccines. I cannot critically analyse it without the right science qualifications or access to all of the peer reviewed data but I do know who I’m willing to listen to who can advise me on what I should do. That doesn’t tend to be memes, graphics taken out of context or poorly cited sources.

The good news is that many others have taken my view. From a UK population of 67m, 50m have had one jab, 46m have had two and 14m have had three.
“Spreading it to others drastically reduces from being double jabbed”. Does it?

We’re at 50,000 cases a day at present. I’ve personally been double jabbed and have encountered covid twice. Does it drastically reduce the chances of spreading it? I’m not convinced but do appreciate your point of view.

Yes, if counting both anterior and posterior, damn my laxness on a Saturday Evening 😂

If youv'e still got laxness, that's your own fault, I bought you a new bottle of Peptobismol on Friday, to taken twice daily, three times on a Saturday, after the matinee.

It is making a huge difference, it doesn't prevent infection but does reduce the impact. The number of hospitalisations and deaths are massively down on where they would be without the vaccine uptake.

That's why the responsible thing to do for all is to be vaccinated, but that doesn't mean that I support it being compulsory or people being "outed" for expressing free will.
Absolute RUBBISH! Yet again. I’ve come across some people that talk some shite in my time, but you, you are without a doubt the worst of the lot. All over this forum, on every thread, no matter the topic, you ALWAYS know best. Bit sad really. You have not got a clue.

It doesn’t stop the spread
It doesn’t prevent you getting it
Efficacy wavers by almost 60% in the first 6 months
There are thousands of breakout cases in the vaccinated
And there are more cases in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated
Thousands and thousands of vaccine related injuries and deaths
Massive rise in cardiac deaths in teenagers
Massive rise in deaths of newborns after the mum has been vaccinated
Hundreds of athletes now have cardiac conditions, post vaccine
Pfizer won’t release safety data until 2076
Pfizer have spent £200mil, every single year, since the year 2000, on medical malpractice settlements

This is all true, but, as always, you know best.

And you think people are selfish for not wanting to inject themselves with an experimental vaccine? Laughable. People like you are the real danger

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious?

And because if they don't there is more likelihood of things like today happening.

No, it’s not obvious. Who’s it disappointing for? It’s a personal choice and no amount of fan pressure should overlook the fact that our players are humans with their own minds and an actual life away from OUFC.

“Spreading it to others drastically reduces from being double jabbed”. Does it?

We’re at 50,000 cases a day at present. I’ve personally been double jabbed and have encountered covid twice. Does it drastically reduce the chances of spreading it? I’m not convinced but do appreciate your point of view.

Yep. Some credible reading of it here.

It admits that stats related to the delta variant makes the evidence harder to judge but the consensus is that you’re less likely to catch it therefore less likely to pass it on.

We’re still passing it on here because of the opening up of society (which I think we can all agree that was much needed). If mask wearing and social distancing had been enforced for longer, the transmission rate and the corresponding number of cases would have been a lot lower. As it happens, the government has gambled on the vaccine and just about got away with it. Cases remain high but hospitalisations and deaths from COVID haven’t been as proportionately high.

I’d actually disagree that it’s about personal choice. Drinking driving rules and seatbelts aren’t about personal choice and I don’t think this should be either. However I’m not really interested in arguing.
Smoking, drinking, and being massively overweight puts thousands in hospitals and puts massive pressure on the NHS. Also the first two put others at risk from second hand smoke and being punched while out on a night out. Still not illegal though.

The government shouldn’t force people to be vaccinated. You’re not putting people at risk if you sit at home being unvaccinated.

Absolute RUBBISH! Yet again. I’ve come across some people that talk some shite in my time, but you, you are without a doubt the worst of the lot. All over this forum, on every thread, no matter the topic, you ALWAYS know best. Bit sad really. You have not got a clue.

Pfizer have spent £200mil, every single year, since the year 2000, on medical malpractice settlements

And you think people are selfish for not wanting to inject themselves with an experimental vaccine? Laughable. People like you are the real danger

Wow. I would go through each one of your insane points individually but you can't teach stupid.

Sorry, can't resist another go!

Do you actually believe this?! Like any of it?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow. I would go through each one of your insane points individually but you can't teach stupid.
Oh really? Please, feel free to call me. Ill put you on the phone to my girlfriend. Her Dad got the vaccine, and died from a heart attack, shortly after. Is that insane? Did the doctors lie when they openly said that it was due to the vaccine? Are peoples personal experiences insane to you, because you’re an ignorant little know it all? You’re a big man on the internet, but when push comes to shove, I bet you you wouldn’t say a single word to someone that has experienced this in the real world. I bet you don’t have any friends. Sad little man.

Last edited:

It’s difficult to know where to start with it, so likewise I wouldn’t bother. It’s a conspiracy theorist’s checklist.

It’s better to let him get hot and flustered under his tinfoil hat rather than dignify it with a reasoned response. It’s not worth anybody’s time.

Yep. Some credible reading of it here.

It admits that stats related to the delta variant makes the evidence harder to judge but the consensus is that you’re less likely to catch it therefore less likely to pass it on.

We’re still passing it on here because of the opening up of society (which I think we can all agree that was much needed). If mask wearing and social distancing had been enforced for longer, the transmission rate and the corresponding number of cases would have been a lot lower. As it happens, the government has gambled on the vaccine and just about got away with it. Cases remain high but hospitalisations and deaths from COVID haven’t been as proportionately high.

Consensus > myth > devil’s advocate

Who knows, ey? Like you say, it’s just a consensus 👍. Each to their own i say.

Oh really? Please, feel free to call me. Ill put you on the phone to my girlfriend. Her Dad got the vaccine, and died from a heart attack, shortly after. Is that insane? Did the doctors lie when they openly said that it was due to the vaccine? Are peoples personal experiences insane to you, because you’re an ignorant little know it all? You’re a big man on the internet, but when push comes to shove, I bet you you wouldn’t say a single word to someone that has experienced this in the real world.

It's tragic, but not true. Did the doctor lie? Yes, or at least they would have absolutely no idea without extensive testing. Sadly, you are not describing the real world.

It's tragic, but not true. Did the doctor lie? Yes, or at least they would have absolutely no idea without extensive testing. Sadly, you are not describing the real world.
Tragic, but not true? It’s literally on the f*****g death certificate you absolute c**t. Mate. You’re lucky you’re tucked away behind your keyboard, because out on the street, talking like this will get your face smashed in. People like you will s**t their pants when faced with real confrontation, and that’s why you come on the internet to do it. I actually feel sorry for you, and I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this.

One day, your obsession with being right will get you hurt. I hope it’s worth it.

Mods, ban me. Could not give a single f**k.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 7528
Unsubstantiated, eh? If you have the intelligence to actually understand this simple graph, the facts are as clear as day. If you need more data to substantiate my point, I have plenty.
Ah yes, the infowars style of adulterated screenshots with no link to the source, offers of plenty more data.
Still waiting for you to substantiate the dodgy screenshots you posted on that qanon thread a few years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom