Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are quite a few worried that targets of any kind are being landed, just aware of the toxic personal digs they might receive from the usuals, who seem to make it their mission for the day to treat each post that dares to question the club as a personal bullfight. In the Oxmail article today it states The Oxford United head coach has more to spend for 2022/23, which is intriguing.
TBH, I don't know what furrow I'm ploughing. It's not asking a lot, hoping to have a squad of 22 championship promotion players plus 2 GK, in June, but worrying it will be the same old, long waiting game and what the end result will be. The main difference this season is that there is a lot more riding on it for kr, which is why it baffles me that if the promotion process started months before the window opened, 6 weeks into the window as most squads are together preparing for the season, we are 6 or so players short.
Maybe it's time just to simply accept what is coming will happen, and tow the line of the usuals', and go along with the club never is wrong?
I'll concede a point of agreement to you. We're all frustrated with the lack of signings so far, even a couple of weeks back. We want to see new faces, it excites us all. Bringing in a good player or hot prospect releases the good endorphins and keeps us positive.

The only opinion that is differing on this forum is the point at which we give up on the entire season. Some of us would like to wait until after we've played the first match.

Holy moly. Now THAT would be a WOW signing! If this comes off, I don’t want to hear another word from anyone about what Shrewsbury/Derby or MK have done, because that’s a genuinely ridiculous signing!

I’ve got friends at work that are Liverpool fans and they’ve mentioned him quite a few times. They all say he’s the future of the club. Pinch of salt of course, but from what I’ve seen on YouTube, he’s a perfect fit for us!

You just know that Mellow will be moaning about bringing in young untested wannabees, Wandering Yellow will say that a loan proves that we're skint, Kip will say that we're still in Shrewsbury's shadow and Junior will blame him for Hillsborough!!!

I'd be delighted with Morton if true. Have seen him a few times and he's always looked decent.

If we were to sign Tyler Morton it would undoubtedly make the rest of the EFL take notice and be rightly seen as a huge coup.

I’d generally be pretty wary of first loans and getting too caught up in academy reputation though. AH rightly pointed out that the unnamed player is more highly rated than Taylor Richards. Morton is certainly that, but in Richards case you have a book of form in L1 that shows how good he is at the level.

With Woodburn, and to a lesser extent McGuane we’ve seen how young players with massive reputations from big clubs can struggle to make the expected impact.

Of course there are plenty who do show how good they are, and I’d be fascinated to see someone of Morton’s pedigree at Oxford, but it wouldn’t be a signing without risk.

You just know that Mellow will be moaning about bringing in young untested wannabees, Wandering Yellow will say that a loan proves that we're skint, Kip will say that we're still in Shrewsbury's shadow and Junior will blame him for Hillsborough!!!
Obviously someone doesn’t like a different opinion to theirs. Can’t be honest, try it don’t hurt

Still a very young guy learning his trade, and not sure what he’ll bring, so hope we sign tried and tested players too. Not a wow signing in my eyes, but potentially a good addition to the squad

Holy moly. Now THAT would be a WOW signing! If this comes off, I don’t want to hear another word from anyone about what Shrewsbury/Derby or MK have done, because that’s a genuinely ridiculous signing!

I’ve got friends at work that are Liverpool fans and they’ve mentioned him quite a few times. They all say he’s the future of the club. Pinch of salt of course, but from what I’ve seen on YouTube, he’s a perfect fit for us!
He has played a handful of games of professional. Takes more than one swallow to make a summer. As fans of Swindon know all too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom