Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s very interesting. I wonder what he did all last season, worked a normal job?

I hope it works out for him but if not we won’t lose much, and could gain a player that once went for 4 million

Very much doubt he had to work considering players get close to 10% of the transfer fees in signing on bonuses on top of their deals. That £4 million deal would’ve set him up for 400k.

Very much doubt he had to work considering players get close to 10% of the transfer fees in signing on bonuses on top of their deals. That £4 million deal would’ve set him up for 400k.
Yes of course, he’s probably sorted financially. But he might have got bored

In all fairness I got told by someone within the club that he didn’t want to play last year but now wants to.
I think therein lies the problem. Funny how now his income has dried up he decides he wants to work again. Then again the Danny Drinkwater interview was a good insight to these types of scenarios - it could just be he put himself first and the contract was irreplaceable. It’s a smelly one. I’m not convinced but open minded.

There’s a player in there somewhere but I sincerely hope any olive branch we extend him is riddled with clauses to make sure we hold all the cards.

The same Sinclair that hasn’t played for a year and clearly hasn’t commanded interest from teams at our level - despite being free?
But then at other times people on here say that ‘no thanks’ to players like Brandon Barker or Jodi Jones as they apparently aren’t good enough for us - then they go to Reading, a level above!

Can't blame the club for what seemed a plausible ambition at the time (Championship within a couple of seasons) back when the playing fields were a little more level. As you say, the money Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby are throwing at this coming season is outrageous, and I am quite happy for our expectations to be adjusted as the models of the teams listed above (particularly the latter two) are completely unsustainable, whereas we're putting in the foundations to have a sustainably competitive team for years to come. If we get back to the play-offs this year I'll be delighted, and if we don't I'll probably be a little disappointed but will look ahead to the next season. If Derby or Sheffield Wednesday don't get promoted, their fans may have questions about whether they'll be able to field a team the next season.

This league gets tougher every year, with huge clubs who went sh*t or bust to try and get promoted to the Premiership coming down and chasing their losses. I've no expectation or hope that we try and compete with that, and don't need the club to tell me that's the case.

Can't blame the club for what seemed a plausible ambition at the time (Championship within a couple of seasons) back when the playing fields were a little more level. As you say, the money Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby are throwing at this coming season is outrageous, and I am quite happy for our expectations to be adjusted as the models of the teams listed above (particularly the latter two) are completely unsustainable, whereas we're putting in the foundations to have a sustainably competitive team for years to come. If we get back to the play-offs this year I'll be delighted, and if we don't I'll probably be a little disappointed but will look ahead to the next season. If Derby or Sheffield Wednesday don't get promoted, their fans may have questions about whether they'll be able to field a team the next season.

This league gets tougher every year, with huge clubs who went sh*t or bust to try and get promoted to the Premiership coming down and chasing their losses. I've no expectation or hope that we try and compete with that, and don't need the club to tell me that's the case.
I know a lot of posters keep referring to the models Ipswich, Sheffield W and Derby appear to be working to, and how this is unsustainable, but how do we know that? The same was said about Sunderland but somehow they maintained fairly high spending and got up at the 4th attempt!

Well, it's pretty obvious things haven't worked out they way KR wanted. Guess we'll never know the reasons behind it. Maybe he's just been trying to pick apples out of his reach and wasted time in doing so?

Losing the play-off final to Wycombe squandered an amazing opportunity to try and establish ourselves in the Championship. We were no idea at our best that day and Ainsworth tactically destroyed KR.

Losing the play-off final to Wycombe squandered an amazing opportunity to try and establish ourselves in the Championship. We were no idea at our best that day and Ainsworth tactically destroyed KR.
While agree with you about most of the above Eastwood having a shocker, James H ' decision to pass , Wycombe Centre back and keeper playing outstanding ( especially Stewart) and a call to ' leave it ' from the bench wasn't exactly tactics but a game we should have won

Ainsworth certainly didn’t destroy Robinson tactically, not sure what you saw to say that ? One or two poor decisions in an attacking sense and one calamitous moment defensively cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom