Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd Kane did go on social media after not being chosen to play and slag off the manager and the player picked before him whilst at QPR. Not sure he ever played for them again

Secondly, do you think a guy who has never played a game in the FL should start in front of a 30,000 crowd ahead of two experienced guys! Seriously?

Thrown in at the deep end and comes out smiling or thrown to the wolves, could come out a hero or confidence shot to bits.

League of Ireland maybe, but are we over-stating the gap here somewhat? Sligo have just beaten Motherwell away from home. If we signed a Keeper from the SPL we wouldn't be panicking about 'throwing them in'.

Same level McNally came from too, and although he sat on the sidelines for a bit first, he effectively made the step up without any loans elsewhere or needing to be managed. You could also argue it would be easier for a Keeper given the fact that the pace of the game should be less of an issue.

Gavin Bazuna was arguably the best Keeper in League One last season. Yes, he had the season prior at Rochdale - but that too was straight off the back of nothing more than League of Ireland appearances (and he was only 18)!

It's full time mens football yet we're talking about him like he's come straight from the youths (it's not a Goodham or Golding situation) and he has been playing regularly as it's mid-season in Ireland.

Let's say for a second that the League of Ireland equates to the National League in standard. If we were to take the best Keeper from the National League would he not be deemed ready?

I'm not saying definitely throw McGinty straight in, but I seriously doubt that he isn't capable of being thrown in and performing well already.

Judge it on training/pre-season/form - not just experience in the Football League. If the lad is as talented as we're led to believe I think we may see him sooner than you think.

Yep someone who's been there done it and is actually ours
He ripped league one defences to shreds in the JPT last year, massively highly rated by Spurs & someone we should of moved hell and earth to get in the building. He’s well known in football circles as being one of the most promising youngsters in English football

Dane Scarlett
Scarlett has been talked of for a while
Dane Scarlett
Absolutely no reason why it couldn't happen.
There's been plenty of talk about us looking at a promising PL youngster with Dane Scarlett mentioned.
Taylor, Baldock, Scarlett and Sinclair
Scarlett has been given a few weeks off after u19' Euros.
Scarlett had a break after Euro's but is back next week.

That's for starters. Most of these completely unprompted too, far from 'only repeating what others have said'.

I cant see it now, but we really needed the back situation sorted this week, going into the game against Derby. Everything seemed to be going smartly and back on track regarding signings, then slowed down. I don't doubt the majority of the 5 or so still needed will come in with 5 weeks or so to go, which is great, but to even get the Jones deal over the line, so he is eligible to play will make the difference. Of course it may still happen.
Another long term injury was not needed in this scenario either.

That is a stunning signing to be fair. Expect Portsmouth to be strong whilst we load up with wingers.

No offence here but would you not find more happiness in life just giving up on Oxford United football club? It’s not compulsory, it appears to give you absolutely zero pleasure and you are pessimistic to the point where it’s painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom