Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fook me. If Robinsons balls weren’t already being firmly squeezed, they’re currently in a vice.

This is a season defining moment, and KR simply HAS to get this right.

No crocks. No has-beens. No risks. You sign a player that is proven quality and you spent every single penny of that transfer fee on the squad!

Every transfer is a risk for many reasons.

As long as the money is reinvested and we get replacements then a 7 figure fee isn’t the worst business for a player out of contract in 12 months time. We all love Cam & he is Mr Oxford but if the minimum fee has been met and he’s agreed terms and wants to go. We wish him all the best & we replace him with players of the calibre of Luongo etc.

I am pleased we are getting a proper fee and I am pleased for cam, I don’t think it’s the best move as I do think he’s capable of playing for better teams but you should get game time there straight away and prove he’s capable at that level he is disappointing time for us but 99.9% of footballers would’ve been long gone by now so I will always be grateful for everything Cam done for us

But… what about the fishing? What about the certain posters who said he was definitely going to stay?
One I know in particular personally told me he’d been told by someone close to him that Cam had told them he was staying. I always had the feeling he would leave if the release clause was met, can’t begrudge him it really either.

Fook me. If Robinsons balls weren’t already being firmly squeezed, they’re currently in a vice.

No crocks. No has-beens. No risks. You sign a player that is proven quality and you spent every single penny of that transfer fee on the squad!

Finally, we agree.

£1.4m release clause, go out and get Panutche Camará from Plymouth who's still transfer listed, one of the best central midfielders I saw last season.
Agree with this. Reported he’s available for around £650k due to being in the last year of his contract. Would take him in a heartbeat

Sorry but i think this is poor from Cam, his agent has obviously tipped off Blackpool too say he is welcome to a move and to do it 2 days before the season starts is rubbish
Let's not jump at this just yet, Blackpool have wanted him for ages and have probably realised his release clause has an expiry date before the end of the window.

I don't begrudge Bran a move at all, he's a Championship quality midfielder who's out of contract next summer. I have no ill feeling towards him, he's served us very well.

Genuinely gutted about this though, he's been one of the best OUFC players to watch in my lifetime, he's going to be extremely difficult to replace as there's not many like him, his attitude on the pitch is second to none, let alone his ability on the ball.

£1.4m should get you the very best from League 2 and most of League 1, or top wages towards one coming down from the Championship. We need to get it right.

Sorry but i think this is poor from Cam, his agent has obviously tipped off Blackpool too say he is welcome to a move and to do it 2 days before the season starts is rubbish
Hmmm, careful. Cam was saying all the right things and has been a model professional throughout his time here despite links away for as many windows as I can remember. He's earned his chance. I think he's well above Blackpool's level but good on them because he's a super player and that's a coup for them.

Whilst this is really disappointing for us, it's completely outside our control and he has to go with our best wishes. He doesn't leave us empty handed - we get a decent fee and we had the best of his career to date. We need to focus on ourselves and replace him properly which I'm sure we will.

Looking at the squad in general, there’s a lot of work to do. Fast forward 12 months to who is going to be OOC or who is going to be even deeper into their thirties and there’s a lot to start preparing for. Brannagan was always off in a year anyway, but at least this way we get a million quid or so to put back in. You’re right in saying that it’s important to do that, and hopefully we will.

Massive sliding doors moment for Marcus McGuane, in theory. He’s got a real opportunity to grab the midfield by the scruff of the neck and make himself the main man there.

Christ, unless we have an immediate replacement lined up our midfield on Saturday is going to be wafer thin.
Suddenly not looking forward to the game quite as much….

Let's not jump at this just yet, Blackpool have wanted him for ages and have probably realised his release clause has an expiry date before the end of the window.

I don't begrudge Bran a move at all, he's a Championship quality midfielder who's out of contract next summer. I have no ill feeling towards him, he's served us very well.

Genuinely gutted about this though, he's been one of the best OUFC players to watch in my lifetime, he's going to be extremely difficult to replace as there's not many like him, his attitude on the pitch is second to none, let alone his ability on the ball.

£1.4m should get you the very best from League 2 and most of League 1, or top wages towards one coming down from the Championship. We need to get it right.
Don't begrudge him a move one bit, knowing how football works though feelers would have been put out by his agents. I hope Blackburn swoop in with a higher bid and shaft them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom