Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also KR refused to name the club he's going to, just that the clause has been triggered.

Maybe now the clause has been triggered it will alert some others.... :unsure:

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish;)

Robinson sounding like he has just emerged from a high speed car crash. Finding words difficult and struggling to deal with the enormity if what t means for his plans and preparations.

Pissed that it has happened 48 hrs before the season starts and biting his lip.No time to line up a replacement for the weekend, seemingly.

Robinson sounding like he has just emerged from a high speed car crash. Finding words difficult and struggling to deal with the enormity if what t means for his plans and preparations.

Pissed that it has happened 48 hrs before the season starts and biting his lip.No time to line up a replacement for the weekend, seemingly.
Why no time for a replacement if other teams can fo it why can't we

So doesn’t appear we had a back-up plan and therefore may suggest this has come in very last minute!

Not sure what Karl means when he said; “I’ll try to keep my head up and be dignified. There are so many things that aren’t right in my view, but I’ll just smile and wish him luck”?

The constant desperation for a ‘see, you were wrong’ is incredibly tiresome and rather pathetic, isn’t it.
If someone constantly claims to be in the know, and that a certain player WILL be staying, they’re sure of it, he won’t go to a certain place, he loves it here etc… of course people are going to at least mention that if said player leaves.

If it was the other way around and a negative poster had gone on and on about how he was sure to leave, he can’t wait to get out, etc etc, and then that player had signed a new five year contract with us, do you not think it would be exactly the same?

This is like arguing with my missus where she absolutely assures me about something, constantly, goes on and on about it, then when the exact opposite happens and I calmly mention it once she goes “Ok don’t go on about it, God

Devastating to lose our most influential player a couple of days before our season starts.

There's understandably been a lot of excitement over some of the signings we've made in the last week or two, but I have some very real, and surely understandable concerns, and I think a bit of perspective is needed.

Wildschut, whilst a very good player, is 30, and has not played football at a meaningful level for several seasons, and by his own admission, wasn't match fit, so why play him in a poxy preseason game so soon after him singing, when surely letting him build up his strength and fitness in training would've been the right thing to do. His injury was NOT down to being unlucky, as when he signed, he said himself that he wasn't match fit, he should not have played, it's down to sheer naivety from KR.

Jones is a very good player, but also a complete crock, with knees made of biscuits. Did KR learn nothing from Rob Hall?!?

Browne was injury prone BEFORE he ruined his knee, so is a big risk. An awesome player, if he can stay fit. But he's injury prone. Time will tell.

Gorrin is only just returning after a serious knee injury, and nobody knows how his return will go.

Baldock, whilst a very good player, is very injury prone, and has barely featured since he's been here, except on the treatment table.

Bodin is a very talented player, but is also very injury prone, and will miss plenty of games.

Long is pretty injury prone as well, picking up more than his fair share of injuries each season.

Moore is a bit injury prone as well, with what seems to be an ongoing back problem.

Even Murphy, an awesome player, but by his own admission, hasn't played much in the last two years, and arrived not match fit, one week before the season starts.

Then there's the daunting prospect of Sinclair, a player who did nothing here first time around, who's hardly played at all for a long time, potentially coming on board.

Some VERY talented players in that list, but they all have a lot of VERY big question marks hanging over them, as to weather or not they can actually get fit, or stay fit.

Taking a punt on one, maybe two injury prone players, is fine and understandable, as if it doesn't work out, it wouldn't cause too much disruption, but a few days before the season starts, and we have half a squad either with very poor injury records, or lacking match fitness.

I thought KR would've surely learnt after the last few season's injury problems, and the risks attached to having such players in the squad. Did he not learn from having players like Hanson, Hall, Winnall and Thorne in the squad??

I had hoped he would've kept such players to a minimum, but he's actually doubled down this season, let's just hope we get lucky and it works out, and they don't all end up injured all at once!

Add to that the fact that we're a couple of days away from the start of the season, and there is still an imbalance that exists in the squad, with a lack of genuine adequate full back cover/competition, no genuine defensive midfield options, other than a player currently playing out of position in preseason to fill the role, and a player who has been out injured for months, and no genuine striker cover/competition. The signs are pointing to the fact that KR clearly has not learned from his previous mistakes.

People go on about how waiting until late in the window uncovers hidden gems that might not have been available earlier in the window, but I disagree, you just end up with admittedly very talented players, but players with poor injury records, and/or a serious lack of game time for 1,2 or 3 seasons, so well short of the fitness levels required at this level, and this is the reason why they are available so late in the window, because other clubs have the sense to steer clear, and bring in players who are more solid, reliable, fit and ready to hit the ground running.

If any of this latest wave of injury prone players, half fit players, or crocks turn out to be a success, it will be down to pure luck, not judgement.
If it's a success, KR will arrogantly claim all the praise, and say "I told you so", but if it goes wrong, he'll arrogantly blame everyone but himself, and bleat on about how unlucky we've been.

We weren't unlucky with the catalogue of injuries suffered by the likes of Winnall and Thorne, and haven't been unlucky with the injuries suffered by Bodin and Baldock since they've been here, KR knew the risks when he brought them in, regardless of their obvious talent, but brought them in anyway, then whinged about being unlucky when our injury prone players got injured!

Now he's brought in even MORE injury prone players, crocks and players who haven't played much or to any meaningful standard for several seasons, and one has already picked up a long term injury, and KR is once again bleating about being unlucky. I'd be more inclined to suggest it's more down to pure naivety on his part, to keep insisting on bringing these kinds of players into the club.

But he's Karl Robinson, he's a genius, and he knows best, and he's probably got a really talented crock lined up to replace Brannagan...

There’s no escaping it, we are weaker at the start of the season than we were at the finish of the last.

Anyone disagree?

What did you want him to say?

The release cause has been triggered and its up to Cam now if he wants to go, but don't worry we will reinvest the money in to the squad with 5 weeks left of the transfer window this could make us stronger in depth.

That's what I want to hear !

So doesn’t appear we had a back-up plan and therefore may suggest this has come in very last minute!

Not sure what Karl means when he said; “I’ll try to keep my head up and be dignified. There are so many things that aren’t right in my view, but I’ll just smile and wish him luck”?
Think he means Blackpool are a scummy club with no class, but will refrain from saying that.

I'm sure we've got a back up plan, what Karl was just saying is that he won't be able to action on the plan until after Derby. Which, while being 2 days away, is fairly understandable.

Brannagan will be a huge miss, however getting nearly £1.5m for a player OOC in one years time is extremely good going. We now need to reinvest wisely. Yes timing is poor, but still nearly a month left of the transfer window.

Have a little faith in the board & KR. They've made some fantastic signings and i'm sure the contingency plans are swirling while we speak.

COYY

Nothing? Keep his council. It’s obvious that he is going to be livid with the timing, not sure what going on the radio and giving an erratic interview will achieve
Agree with this.

At least give some hope instead of trying to absolve himself of blame or take the moral high ground

If no player is bigger than the club, then manage the club, talk about options we have surely planned for, given this was always a risk, and wish Cam all the best and for his time with the club.

Tell us OUFC are looking forward to the new season and bringing a replacement ASAP.

Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom