Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Murphy and Wildschut, the agent could be the most important contact this summer!
Which is a worry. Agent led recruitment...no thanks.

Patino, Dujon Sterling and a LOI favourite, Adam O' Reilly also clients

Btw: st pats are worth a watch tonight in Europe - especially Joe redmond and Adam O’Reilly. O’Reilly very similar to Brannagan in his pressing

Last edited:
Which is a worry. Agent lead recruitment...no thanks.

Patino, Dujon Sterling and a LOI favourite, Adam O' Reilly also clients
We shouldn't be led by agents, but prior to his injury everyone was raving about the Wildschut and Murphy deal, and no one would turn down Camara. If the right players are coming in on the right contracts, I couldn't care less who the agent is.

However if we picked up Anton Ferdinand as a favour to the agent then I'd have a few concerns!!

Dear me how many times, Name the player hat will wait around refusing other offers in case cam moves...

Available targets can now be approached but not before an event that may not happen
You are aware we could've signed players if Cam decided to stay regardless? There is absolutely no reason why we couldn't have brought on board a respective replacement or squad member in that position. At one stage last season we had 8 potential wingers to fill 2 positions yet we've somewhat neglected the centre of the field. Had Cam got injured or left in January, there would've been one hell of a void. It defies belief that we haven't tried to source backup or a prospect sooner and now we literally have to scramble a replacement as the window approaches to close and players under contract are more reluctant to move whilst freebies have been snapped up.

We've got more first team goalkeepers than CM replacements.

Now can someone tell me is it 5 or 7 players were now after?
Depends who else is out the door, because even with all the talk of Jones and Sinclair being sorted last Sunday and Monday, there doesn't see to be anyone incoming, before Saturday.
Bring your boots mate you may get a game, both Betty as a full back and Edna as CDM have been named in the squad. McGinty is playing as a false no.9, Jamie Mackie has been resigned on a 4 year contract as an experienced right back, and Baldock as the new CB, even though he is on crutches.

From previous rumours, Liam Walsh & Lewis Bate brought in at centre mid wonder if that would leave enough in the kitty for a season of Mr Roofe...

To quote your example, who have Spurs been trying to sign, but has turned them down because they're afraid to have the challenge of dethroning Kane as the number 1 striker?
Do you think that would've happened at Man Utd in the 90's and 2000's under Ferguson? Top players went there for the challenge, and if they were better than what he already had, he wouldn't think twice about replacing the existing player, no matter who they were. That's what made him, the players, and Man Utd serial winners.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm of the opinion that no player is untouchable, whoever it is. If he's not cutting it, he's coming out of the side, and it's up to him to win his place back, and I would assure any potential signing of my stance on that, and if that player were to knuckle down, and outperform the so called "invincible" player in training, then he'd get the nod on matchday, equally I'd put a rocket up the current "invincible" player to up his game even more if he wants to keep his place.

Great managers are not afraid to make those calls, and great players are not put off by competition and the possibility of missing out on a starting place, it's what drives them to be better players, and become winners.
The difference about that time under United is if you wanted to win a trophy worth winning, you went to United. It was worth sitting on the bench there because you'd pick up a load of career-making accolades.

You're not old fashioned it's perfectly fair view but call it what it is - Brannagan is arguably the top midfield player of his type in our league, let alone at this club. He's never let us down so there's never been a time we'd want to upgrade him. So who are we realistically going to be able to buy that puts him on the bench? Where as now, we'll have agents on the phone like never before to fill that position. In the modern day game players are acutely aware of their position of power and if you can't give them assurances of playing time, they'll charge you for the privilege of having them on the bench. At that point, you're paying a player top whack to sit on his backside.

Only just catching up on the CB news.

Mad that there were those convinced he would stay this season.

It was abundantly clear at the end of last season he was off when he stayed behind for ages saying goodbye to the fans and giving away a load of his kit.

He knew the release clause would be Met as much as he knew he wouldn’t be signing a new contract here.

That’s life and he’s been brilliant for us. To still get a million quid with only a year left us also good for the kitty.

If the club don’t have three or more realistic replacements already lined up and ready to go, our club really is being poorly run.

I’m pretty patient when it comes to the transfer window, but I am disappointed we haven’t sorted the striker situation. We go into the first game with one striker, which is asking for trouble. With Winnal leaving and Baldock already coming back from injury, surely that must have been a priority signing.

Only just catching up on the CB news.

Mad that there were those convinced he would stay this season.

It was abundantly clear at the end of last season he was off when he stayed behind for ages saying goodbye to the fans and giving away a load of his kit.

He knew the release clause would be Met as much as he knew he wouldn’t be signing a new contract here.

That’s life and he’s been brilliant for us. To still get a million quid with only a year left us also good for the kitty.

If the club don’t have three or more realistic replacements already lined up and ready to go, our club really is being poorly run.
Good point about last game of the season.

Trouble with having a list of replacements is that by now they’ve probably moved or signed a new contract

IIRC, we had a scenario a few seasons back where we were recruiting lots of players from a single agency/agent, Wasserman.

New Era Sports do seem to have Josh Murphy and Cam as clients, plus Plymouths Camara.

I can't recall who else they represent.

Wasserman, clients of Taylor, Finland, Bodin, Sedds, Kane and Sam Baldock.

It's all rather incestuous.

Maybe Camara is part of the plan.

2 Full backs - agree
1 or 2 strikers - 1 striker
2 wingers - we have Murphy, Browne, Bodin, Wildschut and possibly Jones. Also Henry can play in that role. Maybe just 1 winger needed.
2 central midfielders - agree
1 utility player - I think this will be Smyth

i’d say 8 or 9 Baz!

And that’s serious not trying to be funny or negative!
So going off that then I’d say we need 5/6 new players.

And now we've sold our very reliable utility player, who capably covered a number of positions, and rarely got injured.

Another stroke of genius 👏
Goodness.
Almost the whole forum was suggesting that Forde wouldn't get near the team this season
He has a 3 year deal lined up and a right back should be in next week.
On a day when Brannagan has left to make a deal out of Forde going is baffling to me

There's a lot of games between September and January. I'm not saying that Herbie Kane is the answer, but getting the right player a few weeks into the season is better than waiting until half the games are gone.

This is the attitude that has scuttled our promotion chances for nearly three seasons running.

‘Forget the first 10 games of the season. That’s just for getting the squad up to speed. We can always catch up.’ Nope. Those first 10 games are still 30 points up for grabs. Same number or points for the last 10 too.

We seem to find ourselves on the eve of a significant moment in the season with major departures again and the attitude to solve it later rather than now.

I’m pretty patient when it comes to the transfer window, but I am disappointed we haven’t sorted the striker situation. We go into the first game with one striker, which is asking for trouble. With Winnal leaving and Baldock already coming back from injury, surely that must have been a priority

Goodness.
Almost the whole forum was suggesting that Forde wouldn't get near the team this season
He has a 3 year deal lined up and a right back should be in next week.
On a day when Brannagan has left to make a deal out of Forde going is baffling to me
Devastated to lose Brannagan, gonna be seriously difficult to replace him.

Disappointed to lose Forde, although replaceable, he was a very good and versatile squad player.

That was my sentiment, nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom