Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. Weren’t a few people on here saying that the reason we can’t keep any of our players when Championship clubs come calling is that if we paid anyone those kind of wages then all of the other players would then ask for a pay rise and then it would be unsustainable? What happened to that theory then?
The ink is barely dry on Brannagan's new contract. Isn't it a bit too soon to disprove this theory? For all we know, Robbo could have a queue outside his door today from current players asking for a new deal to get them closer to Brannagan. And I'm sure it will affect future dealings where agents know Oxford are another in the league with money to play with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with Brannagan staying. He's easily a top half Championship player who offers us so much and so we should expect to pay him like one of we want to retain him. But I feel like yesterday was a real flex from our board and it won't have gone unnoticed.

I'm still in shock. If I were drinking coffee at that moment, which I wasn't, I would have spat it out all over the duvet.

My first instinct when seeing the Wolf of Wall Street mock up was one of calm. I initially took the time to read the spelling of 'OUFCOfficial' on Twitter before letting my emotions get the better of me. I didn't want a repeat scenario of one of those opportunistic pesky children creating a fictitious Twitter account that has popped up in the past like '0UFC0fficial' or 'OxfordMa1l0UFC'.

Once I managed to confirm the authenticity of the tweet, I was delighted. If I had my time again I would have calmly walked downstairs, made a coffee, taken it back upstairs, taken a sip and unnecessarily allowed myself to spit coffee everywhere to reenact the sheer joy. There would have been significant distance to exceed the duvet too on reflection. Nothing less than hitting the curtains and adjoining wall would have been sufficient to match the excitement that I felt when learning of the news. The clean up job would have been inconsequential this morning.

Just, super.

The ink is barely dry on Brannagan's new contract. Isn't it a bit too soon to disprove this theory? For all we know, Robbo could have a queue outside his door today from current players asking for a new deal to get them closer to Brannagan. And I'm sure it will affect future dealings where agents know Oxford are another in the league with money to play with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with Brannagan staying. He's easily a top half Championship player who offers us so much and so we should expect to pay him like one of we want to retain him. But I feel like yesterday was a real flex from our board and it won't have gone unnoticed.
The players that should be coming in today are they under the same agent like Murphy and Cameron if so like you said it could become interesting due to the fact he knows what's been layed on the table also could be a good thing as he might tempt other good players on his books but hope it doesn't get silly as agents only see pound signs for them

Interesting that their forum said the same things that many have said on here about being unable to tie up deals
That should help bring a little perspective. In less than 10 days they've been rejected by two players for clubs in League One. They had a free run at talks with both of those in person. At least in our case we could normally make a plausible argument as to why they chose other clubs. They've also lost out on Ellis Simms who played for them so recently to Sunderland. If they lose Josh Bowler as anticipated they're in for a tough season.

I'm still in shock. If I were drinking coffee at that moment, which I wasn't, I would have spat it out all over the duvet.

My first instinct when seeing the Wolf of Wall Street mock up was one of calm. I initially took the time to read the spelling of 'OUFCOfficial' on Twitter before letting my emotions get the better of me. I didn't want a repeat scenario of one of those opportunistic pesky children creating a fictitious Twitter account that has popped up in the past like '0UFC0fficial' or 'OxfordMa1l0UFC'.

Once I managed to confirm the authenticity of the tweet, I was delighted. If I had my time again I would have calmly walked downstairs, made a coffee, taken it back upstairs, taken a sip and unnecessarily allowed myself to spit coffee everywhere to reenact the sheer joy. There would have been significant distance to exceed the duvet too on reflection. Nothing less than hitting the curtains and adjoining wall would have been sufficient to match the excitement that I felt when learning of the news. The clean up job would have been inconsequential this morning.

Just, super.

I initially took the time to confirm that you are indeed talking about spitting coffee.

Well, happy days. Some serious money being put in, apparently extra funds chucked in this week. If the budget I’ve been told is true, then blimey.

A roll of the dice, KR being given all he needs. Firmly competing with championship clubs when it come to wages and budget now - can’t have the ‘don’t we do well to compete with the big teams’ rhetoric this year.

An exciting season ahead (even if we still have a wafer thin squad!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom