Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been through this, apparently there are nice bits. Agree that he has an image of not sticking around, but I think he might do OK there.

Not actually in the town of Blackpool there are not, I am speaking as someone who enjoys going there for a P**s up, still a shithole though.

What is the "best and most progressive owner in English football" based on?

For what it's worth, I don't have an issue with him as an owner, I don't know anything more about him than any other owner of 99% of football league clubs. But if we look at the Brannagan situation, we have a club who were happy to disrupt previous transfer windows without any intention of meeting the agreed buy out clause. Then they throw an offer in just days ahead of the seasons starting which could have completely derailed our season. They were unbelievable petty with Jordan Thorniley and have acted like a spoilt kid taking his football away because his team didn't win.

Blackpool have also struggled with transfers having only brought in a couple on loan and one permanent deal. They have also lost out on several players if the usual rumours are given any credence.

I'm not sure any of this reflects particularly well on the club nevermind elevating the owners status to "one of the best and most prgressive" in England

What are you on about?

Simon Sadler took over Blackpool off the back of one of the most destructive ownerships in recent history at the hands of the Oystons.

Under his very short reign they have progressed from a total mess in League One to a Championship club punching way above their weight with a cosy mid-table finish.

The appointment of Neil Critchley, who had never managed before, was inspired and demonstrates a progressive owner who won’t just pluck another off the merry-go-round. I’ve no doubt Appleton will thrive there too and be given time.

I, also, find it absolutely hilarious that Blackpool lost out on Brannagan again after their behaviour. But the idea that it is at the detriment of their owner and what he is done is ridiculous. It's a tiny footnote, if that.

You’ve admitted yourself you know little of him, which you’ve made pretty clear. At a time where many owners treat their own fanbases with contempt and risk the clubs’ future in some kind of vanity project, owners like Sadler are very welcome and they’ll continue to thrive under him even if they’ve missed out on a few targets this summer (haven’t we all)

Last edited:
Didn't realise he was injured, this from 7 days ago doesn't suggest he is ?

He's not injured
There had been some kind of fallout with team mate(s) and the manager
Coventry want to move him on and may even pay part of his wages if he has to go on loan

Don't think Harry Kane will ever play for us lol.

Eurgh, Herbie Kane. I meant Herbie Kane.

Bloody hell, I’m having an absolute mare today!

giphy.gif

He’s just been given a 4yr deal at a Championship club with one of the best and most progressive owners in English football.
Yep and they've also missed out on 6 key targets including one that lives 20 minutes from Bloomfield Road, so perhaps irrespective of the long-term deal and the secure owners the club has, maybe the stereotypical view of Appleton has not changed from a player perspective that he seemingly once carried due to sporadic stints at troubled clubs.

As a matter of interest do you know roughly how many agencies there are? Just wondered if it’s a small number then chances of tripping over our fave one on a regular basis is more likely?
Was intrigued so had a look. In league one alone, for the players that started in the league in 2021 and have the agent listed on transfermarkt - 141

Yep and they've also missed out on 6 key targets including one that lives 20 minutes from Bloomfield Road, so perhaps irrespective of the long-term deal and the secure owners the club has, maybe the stereotypical view of Appleton has not changed from a player perspective that he seemingly once carried due to sporadic stints at troubled clubs.

Yeah only been 9 years since his last sporadic stint, so makes sense

McGuane at the base of a 3 with Cam and Henry surely... Don’t see this as a 4231.

Bodin a surprise selection but let’s get it!!

Karl has confirmed it 4-2-3-1 in his lineup announcement video. How long it stays that way is a different matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom