Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was bullied by their defenders yesterday. The perfect way of putting it. Yet we persisted with 1 up top. Got what we deserved in the end which was nothing because we tried to disrupt play & take a point from 60 minutes onwards. There’s being professional and then there’s just asking for trouble by sitting back and offering nothing as an attacking threat, even at 1-0 down we played Taylor up top on his own. It does not work & it showed last season. Especially away from home against the top sides. Look at all the top 6 from last season. They played 2 up top bar Wycombe & MK & most of them played 3-4-1-2 or 3-5-2. We played better last season with that formation and matching teams. 4-2-3-1 does not work against the better sides. We don’t have the striker for that formation currently. Play that & don’t bring in someone to suit it and we will finish no better than midtable.
Agree - I don't understand why we tried to settle for 0-0? 3000 away fans on the opening day thought we should more belief in our own game. Gorrin was stitched up Saturday should never have been brought on.

Agree - I don't understand why we tried to settle for 0-0? 3000 away fans on the opening day thought we should more belief in our own game. Gorrin was stitched up Saturday should never have been brought on.
Yet others are saying some of the Youngsters should have come on, based on your comment that would have involved open surgery.

Yet others are saying some of the Youngsters should have come on, based on your comment that would have involved open surgery.
But we bring on gorrin at 0-0, big difference. The young lads at 0-0? Perhaps not. But once we go 1-0 down you utilise every available resource. We have nothing to lose. The fact KR put Brown up too and also allowed Eastwood to go forward shows he didn’t care about losing 2-0

But we bring on gorrin at 0-0, big difference. The young lads at 0-0? Perhaps not. But once we go 1-0 down you utilise every available resource. We have nothing to lose. The fact KR put Brown up too and also allowed Eastwood to go forward shows he didn’t care about losing 2-0
At the end of the day the manager has to make the call, that it is seen as right or wrong is based on fans alternative opinion, largely based on the outcome of the game.

Had they of scored prior to, we would have read he should have brought gorrin on.

I've even read their goal was down to (always on his back ) Seddon not making himself available, Easty should not have thrown the ball to Findlay, when the reality is one of our players with time played a shocking ball straight along the floor to one of their fellas just a few yards in front of him (Findlay).. we've even had comments that Easty should have saved the shot..

It's suggested our right fullback (Long) is not good enough, i commented that i cannot recall one single game where anyone had him for toast and that his powers of recovery are excellent. I'm yet to see anything that counters that.

At the end of the day the manager has to make the call, that it is seen as right or wrong is based on fans alternative opinion, largely based on the outcome of the game.

Had they of scored prior to, we would have read he should have brought gorrin on.

I've even read their goal was down to (always on his back ) Seddon not making himself available, Easty should not have thrown the ball to Findlay, when the reality is one of our players with time played a shocking ball straight along the floor to one of their fellas just a few yards in front of him (Findlay).. we've even had comments that Easty should have saved the shot..

It's suggested our right fullback (Long) is not good enough, i commented that i cannot recall one single game where anyone had him for toast and that his powers of recovery are excellent. I'm yet to see anything that counters that.
The goal was a mistake compounded with another which your usually very lucky to get away with at any level. Findlay’s pass was a shocker his first mistake of the game after looking excellent. The cross over in midfield then killed us with everyone getting attracted to the ball.

A stitch up? To bring on a professional footballer deemed fit enough to be in the squad and do a job for 15 minutes? Appreciate he looked lethargic but it certainly wasn't unfair of Robbo to bring him on. I felt we did play our game but the wheels just came off with the subs. I don't think I've ever seen KR play for a draw so it was relatively refreshing to see him play for points in this way and bearing in mind the players available; a 0-0 draw would've sent our 3000 home happy and we wouldn't be having this conversation. It was just a sloppy phase of play and a substitute failing to follow instructions that cost us in the end.

Adam Phillips available from Burnley, we could do a lot worse if we want a creative midfielder. Linked to Shrews. Karl will know him from Liverpool where he was an England youth international.

A stitch up? To bring on a professional footballer deemed fit enough to be in the squad and do a job for 15 minutes? Appreciate he looked lethargic but it certainly wasn't unfair of Robbo to bring him on. I felt we did play our game but the wheels just came off with the subs. I don't think I've ever seen KR play for a draw so it was relatively refreshing to see him play for points in this way and bearing in mind the players available; a 0-0 draw would've sent our 3000 home happy and we wouldn't be having this conversation. It was just a sloppy phase of play and a substitute failing to follow instructions that cost us in the end.
Morning Karl

Let’s look at the goal.

D5E9A86E-6FB5-48A0-8EAF-2D2FF59E807C.jpg

This is where Findlay makes the attempted pass. It’s a terrible one, and easily cut out, but I’ve put a mark where you’d maybe expect/want your left back to be, and where it would have given Findlay and option. Let’s look at where he actually was…

6FAF4E66-40E8-434A-9C55-B5EC064C2A34.jpg
It’s hard to find him any earlier as he’s out of frame, but this is seconds after the pass is intercepted. What is Seddon doing there?! Look at where our central midfielders are - he’s ahead of them, but as central. It’s where you might expect Matty Taylor to be if he was dropping deep. Look at the left winger - you’d expect your left back to be behind him, not ahead and central!

This isn’t to say that the goal is his fault, as it was still a bad pass from Findlay who could and should have just smashed it high up the field, and obviously more happened afterwards, but it’s interesting how in a team game, the one mistake that you see isn’t always the full story.

Let’s look at the goal.

View attachment 9629

This is where Findlay makes the attempted pass. It’s a terrible one, and easily cut out, but I’ve put a mark where you’d maybe expect/want your left back to be, and where it would have given Findlay and option. Let’s look at where he actually was…

View attachment 9631
It’s hard to find him any earlier as he’s out of frame, but this is seconds after the pass is intercepted. What is Seddon doing there?! Look at where our central midfielders are - he’s ahead of them, but as central. It’s where you might expect Matty Taylor to be if he was dropping deep. Look at the left winger - you’d expect your left back to be behind him, not ahead and central!

This isn’t to say that the goal is his fault, as it was still a bad pass from Findlay who could and should have just smashed it high up the field, and obviously more happened afterwards, but it’s interesting how in a team game, the one mistake that you see isn’t always the full story.
I cant believe a left back wasn't the first signing of the window (Not counting Brown) - He is obviously made his mind up last season with him so why is he back in the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom