Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all this time it still amazes me that grown men (and women) hang onto every word that KR says, believing it to be total gospel. I don’t dislike him, he can be interesting and entertaining, but he also spouts complete BS at times.

For what it’s worth I think and hope he’ll sign a rightback who can compete with Long for the jersey.

Seddon, Brown or even Long will be seen as left back options In his mind.

Judging by the rumours on here about a sizeable offer made for the Argyle lad, then it looks highly likely we’ll be splashing the cash for a proven striker before the window closes.

Big season for KR.

After all this time it still amazes me that grown men (and women) hang onto every word that KR says, believing it to be total gospel. I don’t dislike him, he can be interesting and entertaining, but he also spouts complete BS at times.

For what it’s worth I think and hope he’ll sign a rightback who can compete with Long for the jersey.

Seddon, Brown or even Long will be seen as left back options In his mind.

Judging by the rumours on here about a sizeable offer made for the Argyle lad, then it looks highly likely we’ll be splashing the cash for a proven striker before the window closes.

Big season for KR.
Yes especially when it comes to transfers his comments xan easily be misinterpreted if every word is taken at face value.
I read it the same as you. There will be a new right back with Seddon, Brown, Long the LB options.
This season puts a lot of pressure on KR. Play offs must be the minimum for him ( and comfortably play offs or top 2 if we do have the 4th biggest budget)

Twitter ITK’s from Swansea are suggesting that Kyle Joseph is on his way to us on loan? Would definitely offer us something different up top! Like the sound of this.

Twitter ITK’s from Swansea are suggesting that Kyle Joseph is on his way to us on loan? Would definitely offer us something different up top! Like the sound of this.
I don't know anything about the lad but I can see that Robbo has amended his Wiki page to read that he is a striker who has also been used as a right wing back.

Very similar to hardie. Hard working outside of the box, will run channels. A very good Taylor alternative, imo.

Just watched a load of video - is exactly what we need. Against Derby our greatest threat was runs behind. Joseph will run channels, is pretty physical but also good on the ball.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was sorted ahead of tomorrow

Last edited:
Get this lad in then buy hardie for half the price in the jan transfer window. A cunning plan.

I appreciate that. I'm not a journalist so I'm only relating it back to my own line of work where relationships are everything. I would've thought that after nearly 5 years of weekly access to Karl, they would have a rapport by now built on trust. That should be a platform to ask him more informed/probing questions which can be done without causing lasting damage - it should build a greater level of respect. Perhaps they do and I'm being harsh but it doesn't show through in their interviews with him.
Or perhaps they think KR will do a fergie.

Long and Mous as cover. Which means if we get RB cover it indirectly means LB cover...not ideal.
I hope this just more KR interview noise.
If the money that's being talked about by respected members of this forum is available, then why are we making do in this way?

Seddon was dropped for a large part of last season, and watching him on Saturday I saw nothing to say his performance levels have drastically improved since then.
What happens if in 6 weeks times Seddon is playing at a similar level to last year, Brown is now our 1st choice LB until Jan?

Already the defence starts shuffling around, Brown is now our LB and Sam long becomes our CB cover, and the new RB plays RB.
So a team that is normally setup to have attacking full backs that overlap will be playing a CB out of position.

I don't look at other squads in our league, but is this really how other promotion chasing teams build their squads ?
It doesn't have to be like this, there are 46 league games plus a number of cups and with 5 subs there are enough minutes to have two dedicated full backs for both side.

With the lack of footballing experience at a board room level, and no one in KR's backroom team that has the footballing experience that can push or challenge his decisions, I would hope that a DoF would bring checks & balances to some of Karl's quirks.

I hope this is all just expresso inducted anxiety.

If we have the money available to spend 750k on Hardie, then I’d rather 500k was spent on an LB. You get more value for money, despite there being a smaller pool to buy from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom