Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ox mail tweeted its quite likely but no mention of destination. KR cagey on striker too
Cagey is not what fans want to hear, especially after the soundings that 2 may be on the way. Another week is passing through with the essentials still not in place of 2 strikers, plus LB and RB.
No room for cagey here, precision is what's needed alongside decisiveness.

Personally would have kept Stevens over Eastwood.
I'm thinking the same but must admit Steven's form hasn't been the best after his glandular fever.

Eastwood is 33 now. Stevens might come back from a loan to replace him as a solid backup to McGinty if he's as good as the reports say he is.

Personally would have kept Stevens over Eastwood.
If we’re being honest Stevens hasn’t been able to save much nor kick a ball cleanly for 12 months. Eastwood has started well and isn’t really at an age where a loan will teach him/us anything, nor will he attract a decent fee if we sold him. A loan for Stevens might rejuvenate him and put him back on KR’s radar or get him back to a level where a decent fee could be obtained for him next summer.

Smart business I think.

If we’re being honest Stevens hasn’t been able to save much nor kick a ball cleanly for 12 months. Eastwood has started well and isn’t really at an age where a loan will teach him/us anything, nor will he attract a decent fee if we sold him. A loan for Stevens might rejuvenate him and put him back on KR’s radar or get him back to a level where a decent fee could be obtained for him next summer.

Smart business I think.
Yes they’re fattening him up for market

Cagey is not what fans want to hear, especially after the soundings that 2 may be on the way. Another week is passing through with the essentials still not in place of 2 strikers, plus LB and RB.
No room for cagey here, precision is what's needed alongside decisiveness.

Only cagey as he didn't want to announce Joseph prematurely.

On current form (and that from the end of last season) I don't honestly think there is much to choose between Eastwood and Stevens overall. They both have slightly different strengths and weaknesses. So I am please to see (well, hear!) the McGinty is playing tonight.

I'm thinking the same but must admit Steven's form hasn't been the best after his glandular fever.

Eastwood is 33 now. Stevens might come back from a loan to replace him as a solid backup to McGinty if he's as good as the reports say he is.

Smart business I think.

Both fair points.

Robinson also said he’s keeping his fingers crossed on a possible signing which excites him and will definitely strengthen the football club, sounds hopeful

KR when pushed on striker sounded excited. But said he wasn't going to say anything as he didn't want to tempt fate. Then said its someone he "really admires" and will "improve this football club".. to me that's a permanent signing not a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom