Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

I've a quick question if anyone knows...
So me and my son have ST but my youngest son wants to come to a game which is fine but I would have to bring his mum and older brother the reason they would have to come is because both of my understanding younger boys have autism and to be honest it's difficult managing them both on my own so my question is can I move seats for a game and does it cost me anything if I move to a different area of the same stand

Enter ground - find a space that suits.

Yes you should be fine moving, and you'll only pay if you upgrade stands, but no different for the same stand. If you speak to the ticket office they'll be able to move you without an issue.
That's great thank you I'm looking at taking him to the Burton game which I see today is going to be family day

That's great thank you I'm looking at taking him to the Burton game which I see today is going to be family day

The ticket office may also be able to find you a space that is a little quieter. My wife works with autistic kids and I know how so many things can trigger them so having a little space they can regulate themselves in without being in others way may help. My boy has suspected traces of autism and ADHD and I bring ear defenders just in case things get too much. He hasn't needed them yet, but it is a comfort for him knowing that they're there if needed.

As has been said, the Ticket Office can relocate your seats for the day. Let them know the scenario and they can help you decide on the best place to go.
There are some other things that may help you on the day - you may already be aware of the Sensory Area in the North Stand which can be useful for some time out. Ear defenders can be borrowed. You may be eligible for a PA ticket, the ticket office can advise.
Have a look at the updated guide https://www.oufc.co.uk/tickets/disabled-supporters/
Good luck.

What an odd thing to say. There aren’t stickers in the reserved seats

Probably only going to be 60% -70% full............ generally works for a lot of people who want to be closer to friends/family.

And completely insensitive as being autistic having to move seats because others arrive can be extremely unsettling.

Sorry Saint Scotchers - I didn`t realise you knew exactly how the childrens autism impacted them.

Probably only going to be 60% -70% full............ generally works for a lot of people who want to be closer to friends/family.

Sorry Saint Scotchers - I didn`t realise you knew exactly how the childrens autism impacted them.

You don't have to be a saint to understand the needs of others and show a little compassion - although I accept its completely beyond your capabilities.

Points-scoring in a discussion about children’s disability? Wow, that really is plumbing new depths of insensitivity.

I have a nephew with autism I see regularly which has blessed me with an understanding I strongly suspect you are lacking. If I was taking my nephew to his first game tomorrow I’d do my level best to make sure he wants to come again and that means not taking any chances with his enjoyment.

If you don’t understand the subject, particularly those a little more sensitive, don’t contribute. Or better yet, go away and educate yourself about it first.

Thank you everyone with your advice and some of you for understanding how difficult it can be ... autism is one of those disabilities that because you can't see it certain sections of society don't believe it exists they see a child who could be having a meltdown as a naughty child or a child that can't sit still as a nuisance..imo there is not enough awareness about it

The ticket office may also be able to find you a space that is a little quieter. My wife works with autistic kids and I know how so many things can trigger them so having a little space they can regulate themselves in without being in others way may help. My boy has suspected traces of autism and ADHD and I bring ear defenders just in case things get too much. He hasn't needed them yet, but it is a comfort for him knowing that they're there if needed.
This is where that area in block 24 just below the disabled area should come into use. There are about 100 seats that apparently cannot be used incase people stand up and block the view of people in the disabled are. The area if restricted to say 50% use, would give people guaranteed space, the disabled area behind may help give some protection from crowds of people sitting behind. It is close to an exit and the nearby steward can control people sitting in that area.

Thank you everyone with your advice and some of you for understanding how difficult it can be ... autism is one of those disabilities that because you can't see it certain sections of society don't believe it exists they see a child who could be having a meltdown as a naughty child or a child that can't sit still as a nuisance..imo there is not enough awareness about it
My oldest Grandson has Asperger’s keeps himself to himself and love him to bits. He doesn’t take any grief and when it’s just him and I we have lovely conversations.
The problem nowadays even with all the awareness about issues like autism still a lot of ignorant people out there.

Am I right in thinking you can transfer a season ticket for a game from the holder to another person a couple of times in a season and only pay the difference between the prices (if the new person is an adult using a concession season ticket)?

Back
Top Bottom