Away Match Day Thread +++ 21/04/2018 Doncaster v OUFC match day thread +++

Either way, if they were to go, at least they go knowing they gave everything.
Not all leaving us will be able to say that!!!

He has been phenomenal since January, a proper player in my view unlike the other one who is now playing for Middlesbrough U23s.

As important as Henry's goals have been for us, Eastwood and Ledson's attitudes since January, especially in comparison to players like MJ, have demonstrated why, in my opinion, one of them is more deserving of POTS. Both could have sulked and had their head turned, but instead have both been exemplary professionals and put in performances that have been pivotal in hauling us away from near-disaster. As crucial as Henry's goals have been, and I appreciate that it was at a difficult time in the season, I really do struggle to forget that he shushed the fans after his goal against (Bury?).

A cracking day out,
Excellent weather,
Tremendous away support,
And a vital 3 points,
Our boys battled all the way and today more than showed we are good enough for league 1....
Probably our best visit to “The Keepmoat Stadium” ? ever.....!

Your flag looked good on the TV also! (y)

Brannagan is one of those players in my view who may seem anonymous but is very effective. He does the things we don't always see such as holding the opposition attackers up and dictating tempo. I think he has made a huge difference since coming in. I'm sure I read he wants to play further forward, if so he is showing a huge amount of discipline and football is littered with those who have not been able to do that.

Im a fan. Tidy player with both feet.

Having not seen the game, but having seen the highlights and stats, looks like we were quite fortunate to get 3 points from this.
Do I care? Not at all. We were due a bit of fortune and it has very likely kept us in league 1.

Dunno about huge risk. Ruffels is probably as good defensively, silva is always prone to a mistake or losing his man. He gives u a lot more going forward, but if we’re setting up like in the last few to make sure we don’t concede and he’s not in kr’s plans for next season then silly to trigger a contract we would have to pay off if we don’t need to
I really like Ricci. I feel he is technically the best player we have. I would miss him. But I appreciate KR wants experienced British players. I sad to say Ricci is out.

Did we have an attack of note other than the goal?

The extended highlights on ifollow show that we are going for it in the first 20mins, from that period,Thomas miss kicks a decent chance wide and there were a couple more half chances that came to nothing. A 0-0 first half was about right.

The goal itself, despite coming against the run of play, is a very well worked flowing move. You don't see it from the start on the highlights posted above, but Rothwell wins possession in our half, plays the ball to Obika who plays a great one touch pass to Thomas (Whatever next!), the rest as you will see is clinical attacking play. Definite contender for (OUFC) goal of the season.

Last edited:
Thoughts from a great day up north:
1. What a tremendous roar from the 1000 yellows when that goal went in; like a giant outburst of relief and delight and hope for the future.
2. What a great acclamation at the end for what is, let us face it, not one of our better squads.
3. How can Eastwood not be Player Of The Year? Two more worldie saves to give us the points, with the other players almost taking those for granted.
4. Good signs; Henry is a class act, Ledson is getting better and better, Nelson is back, and you know what? - with a bit of guidance Ruffels could turn out to be a very handy LB.
5. But let's also not forget: Thomas is past his best, Obika is p*ss useless, Brannigan is too small, Rothwell is a classical almost but not quite fellow - and KR needs to offload most of the squad.

But when I got back my Blackburn ticket was on the doormat. Happy days...
I dont agree ref Obika. And I dont agree ref, Rothwell and I am surprised by your comment about Brannigan. I do agree about Lego, Henry and Nelson, and I 100% agree offloading most of the squad. I am not sure about Ruffels @ LB. I will wait and see. I hope you enjoy Blackburn.

Thoughts from a great day up north:
1. What a tremendous roar from the 1000 yellows when that goal went in; like a giant outburst of relief and delight and hope for the future.
2. What a great acclamation at the end for what is, let us face it, not one of our better squads.
3. How can Eastwood not be Player Of The Year? Two more worldie saves to give us the points, with the other players almost taking those for granted.
4. Good signs; Henry is a class act, Ledson is getting better and better, Nelson is back, and you know what? - with a bit of guidance Ruffels could turn out to be a very handy LB.
5. But let's also not forget: Thomas is past his best, Obika is p*ss useless, Brannigan is too small, Rothwell is a classical almost but not quite fellow - and KR needs to offload most of the squad.

But when I got back my Blackburn ticket was on the doormat. Happy days...
One criticism Harrington, Brannigan is going to turn out to be a damn good player

Sorry to P**s on the Obika love poll. But he just hasn’t got much chance of being in our future plans if he does not impose himself. For a big guy, he cannot seem to win headers, he is easily brushed off the ball and seems to make wrong decisions and poor passes at will.
You look at him as an athlete and see that he has a strong physique, but you watch him run and he somehow looks leaden footed. He does not anticipate. Or score enough goals - ever!! And that ain’t gonna change either. Perhaps KR could work on him this summer and try to get him straight, as We have him on contract for another year.
But in all honesty, it would be money better spent if we let him go and looked elsewhere for a goalscorer.

One criticism Harrington, Brannigan is going to turn out to be a damn good player

I hope you are right bazzer, I do hope you are right.
I guess we've had successful small Defensive Midfielders before - David Smith comes to mind.

I think that’s the issue , he’s not a defensive midfielder . Just being ask to play that role for now

Back
Top Bottom