Away Match Build Up 22/02/2022 L1: Crewe Alexandra v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is McNally definitely out?
Seemed to be a suggestion he was going for an X-Ray. In that case, there must have been some sign of damage to want to send him for one. Even if it isn't broken, would be surprising if any swelling/bruising etc had settled enough for him to play around 72 hours later.
We'll have to see!

Play like we did against Charlton and I think we could expect another 0-6 play like we did against Accrington and we can expect a 1-0 defeat with you know who getting the goal
COYY

Their game was a late postponement (just before 2pm) on Saturday, given the weather since, tomorrow could be at risk.

If it happens, then an early goal would be ideal. Expect to see Agyei start and be up for it.
Can Agyei play against us tomorrow? I wonder whether we inserted a “no play” clause in the transfer?

Accrington are a far better team than Crewe are.
They may well.be but we weren't good against Accrington so I think if we play like that tomorrow even Crewe might get something from us and as for Crewe losing their last 5 games I don't like those stats remember Gillingham a few years ago

They may well.be but we weren't good against Accrington so I think if we play like that tomorrow even Crewe might get something from us and as for Crewe losing their last 5 games I don't like those stats remember Gillingham a few years ago
Were we that horrendous v Accrington? We weren't particularly good from what I have heard but not that bad. Certainly not bad enough to loss to Crewe?
We lost 2 0 v Accrington who are a far better team than Crewe.

Our last midweek game on a cold and wet night didn't go well! We need to follow up Saturdays win with another win Tuesday as Wycombe are playing Wigan so we need to be in a position to benefit from one of those dropping points.

I live in a village 15 minutes away, been windier than my mrs after a kebab most of the day and not a cloud in the sky now. Pitch will have dried out and should be ok. DIFJ. PFHE

COYY

Last edited:
Play like we did against Charlton and I think we could expect another 0-6 play like we did against Accrington and we can expect a 1-0 defeat with you know who getting the goal
COYY
All Oxford fans will know that we are well capable of either scoreline. However Crewe aren't nearly as good as Accrington and hopefully we'll be confident after Saturday.

A staggering £25 for an adult ticket. On OUFC website , under Crewe away tickets it says concession tickets only go up to 16 year old. So anyone 17 years old or a student has to pay the full £25.
I thought I would have a look on Crewe website ...... Adults in main stand are £25 (£21 with membership) behind goal £23 (£20 with membership).
BUT in the main stand alongside the pitch, ie similar to away seats (but on opposite side), they are offering home fans concessions, Students at £12.50 and 17-19 year old at £14.50.
Then what is also a bit sneaky, the OAP age for home fans is 60 but for away fans it is 65.
Whilst the headline adult price is the same, can they get away with different concession prices? I rang Crewe, the lady in ticket office said the prices for away fans is correct and different to the home fans pricing. She doesn't set the prices and wasn't aware of anything wrong, she tried to put me through to manager who sets the ticket prices, but he was unavailable and despite the promise of the manager ringing me before 5.00pm the call has not been forthcoming.

A staggering £25 for an adult ticket. On OUFC website , under Crewe away tickets it says concession tickets only go up to 16 year old. So anyone 17 years old or a student has to pay the full £25.
I thought I would have a look on Crewe website ...... Adults in main stand are £25 (£21 with membership) behind goal £23 (£20 with membership).
BUT in the main stand alongside the pitch, ie similar to away seats (but on opposite side), they are offering home fans concessions, Students at £12.50 and 17-19 year old at £14.50.
Then what is also a bit sneaky, the OAP age for home fans is 60 but for away fans it is 65.
Whilst the headline adult price is the same, can they get away with different concession prices? I rang Crewe, the lady in ticket office said the prices for away fans is correct and different to the home fans pricing. She doesn't set the prices and wasn't aware of anything wrong, she tried to put me through to manager who sets the ticket prices, but he was unavailable and despite the promise of the manager ringing me before 5.00pm the call has not been forthcoming.
admin manager ... or that fruitloop Artell? .... given the inconsistencies in pricing AND no call back, it could be the latter

It's because those concessionary rates for home fans are based on having a membership (said prices in brackets on their price list) - that's what I was told when I queried right back when the first ticket news piece came out.

If a home fan who was a student/17-19 doesn't have a membership, they are charged the full whack.
I didn't believe the person who told me, but they were adamant and if you try and book in the stand along the side of the goal on their ticketing site, it only offers you Adult/12-16 and U11, so it does match what I was told.

In terms of 60/65 differences, this is something I've noticed a few grounds, even with similar facilities offered. Always been some getaround clause.

Last edited:
Despite the sad news Saturday evening the season goes on.

The mighty Yellows visit Crewe Alexander, a club with football troubles.
They have lost there last 6 games conceding 14 and scoring 2.
If we don't win this one then we should give up hopes of promotion.

But I'm confident that another 3 points will be obtained in Railway City.
Score? Many to 1 for the lads in yellow (or blue/white, or black)
Is it just me being a pessimist, or do other Oxford fans see stats like Crewe's last six games and think we are gonna be the team that Crewe get a win against. I swear we are the club other clubs beat when they are on terrible form!!

Is it just me being a pessimist, or do other Oxford fans see stats like Crewe's last six games and think we are gonna be the team that Crewe get a win against. I swear we are the club other clubs beat when they are on terrible form!!
Gillingham hadn't won for 13 before we played them at Priestfield.
Hope we take a leaf out of that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom