Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/01/2018 Chelsea U21s v OUFC match thread (EFLT) +++

Well, I am not gutted to avoid another trip to Wembley in the carrot juice cup. My cupboard can’t hold another horned cap, unofficial match day flag or half and half scarf anyway.

Radox really needed to get an interview with the MD post match. It was obvious that Faz couldn't or wasn't going to answer some of the questions they asked him. When is DE back in the country was a case in point.

First and second points I agree with.

Bit harsh on Tiendalli, kept the call reasonably well when in possession, he was never going to be going past people in a way reminiscent of George Baldock when he was here, but by no means did he kill every attack that went down his side.

Maybe slightly, but I felt there were plenty of times we were breaking with pace, moving the ball quickly, and looking somewhat threatening. Then it went wide to Tiendalli, who stopped the ball dead and took 5-10 seconds to work out what he wanted to do next. And if he's not a pacy wing back, then he needs to be quicker in his head and work out which pass he wants to play before he gets the ball. 4/5 times it got played back into a more congested midfield because Chelsea had time to regroup.

One breath of fresh air, post match interview with Faz. Honest opinion and clearly dissatisfied with the performance. No "focus", no "learning", no "positives", and it wasn't "tough".

We just were not good enough. 10 days clear now to get things right. Train, get the team spirit back, work on tactics, formations. And, who is going to play up front?

some of the powder puff attempts at tackling by Martin was beyond belief...3 big centre backs who couldn't run a bath last night leaving massive gaps for them to break on goal at will. could easily have been another Wigan.

As for Eastwood omg another 3 goals and some lucky saves :) surely nobody is interested in him now :)

Maybe slightly, but I felt there were plenty of times we were breaking with pace, moving the ball quickly, and looking somewhat threatening. Then it went wide to Tiendalli, who stopped the ball dead and took 5-10 seconds to work out what he wanted to do next. And if he's not a pacy wing back, then he needs to be quicker in his head and work out which pass he wants to play before he gets the ball. 4/5 times it got played back into a more congested midfield because Chelsea had time to regroup.

I think thats the trouble with playing Tiendalli there more than anything he did wrong.

In my opinion he was being asked to play in a role that his skill set doesn’t equip him for. He’s a full back in a 4, in no way is he a wing back.

With the players we have, if we want to play with a 3 at the back we need to be playing midfielders in the wide positions, none of our defensive right sided players are really equipped to play as a wing back (in truth not many players are).

Painful indeed.....men against boys and the boys won. 50 plus points is looking a big ask. ?

Interesting that James Roberts was there. Wonder if he’ll be recalled from his loan, or have we left that too late as well?

Didn't go yesterday (Jerome) for obvious reasons but Mehmeti spent more time on the floor Saturday than on the ball. Any decent runs he made weren't picked up on by Carroll who he was waiting to have the ball over the top from.

GVK is dire. His Portsmouth goal fooled us all.

Tiendalli had probably his best game for us Saturday, I'm still holding out for a player there. Just.

Get Brannagan, Dickie, IBR, Raglan, Napa in the starting line up just to show some passion, they want to be here. Hell, just recall Hemmings. I can deal with losses where there is effort, pride and at least some semblance of performance, but Pep sucked that out of us.

I'm not going to watch the highlights as I don't think I could bear them, but I hope Faz sorts this heap out before Charlton.

Back
Top Bottom