Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/03/2019 Coventry City v OUFC +++

Is that right? A large proportion of the squad went be here next season?
Looking at the starting 11 yestetday:
Nelson, Browne and Garbutt will go
Graham and Kashi? Who knows
The other 6 will presumably stay
The bench?
Stevens, Mousinho, Sykes, Henry and Hanson will presumably stay
Sinclair will probably go
Others?
Carruthers will presumably go but
Whyte, Baptiste, will stay.

So the majority if the squad I reckon will probably stay.
Not sure if Eastwood will stay to be honest he has a clause that comes into play in the summer and some of his comments recently have made me think he's unhappy.

Obviously love to be wrong he is class and yesterday was in my opinion his best performance this year.

Brannagan as well I reckon will have a few clubs sniffing around him and I could see him at Luton next season (they can't afford championship players) or even Sunderland with Mr Methven and Mr Donald.

Ok guys let’s not get ahead of ourselves we may have beaten Coventry but our game against Wycombe next Saturday will define us
And then next weekend you'll say lets not get ahead of ourselves but the game against Walsall will define us

Not sure if Eastwood will stay to be honest he has a clause that comes into play in the summer and some of his comments recently have made me think he's unhappy.

Obviously love to be wrong he is class and yesterday was in my opinion his best performance this year.

Brannagan as well I reckon will have a few clubs sniffing around him and I could see him at Luton next season (they can't afford championship players) or even Sunderland with Mr Methven and Mr Donald.
We sure would miss Eastwood if he was to go.
When interviewed he does seem to suggest that he likes living in oxford and us settled here. Let's hope so.

no guys honestly I know these things my freinds I have no judgment that has been wrong and my judgement is lose to Wycombe and down and beat Wycombe and we win well we can go play again

Watching/Listening to Holloway etc on Quest last night, Eastwood's 'value' has gone up substantially. I doubt he will stay.

Pity.

no guys honestly I know these things my freinds I have no judgment that has been wrong and my judgement is lose to Wycombe and down and beat Wycombe and we win well we can go play again

You know that if we lose then 1) we will still not be in the relegation zone, 2) no one will be down next weekend, 3) if we lose then the club will still get to ‘play again’ due to still having the remaining games of the season to go.

Apart from that your post makes perfect sense...

Ok guys let’s not get ahead of ourselves we may have beaten Coventry but our game against Wycombe next Saturday will define us

Are you that idiot Glover on Facebook? You sound like him ?

You sure you have an inkling, there are 7 games left if and it is an if we lose to the pikeys team we still have 6 games left and at worse we would still be outside the drop zone.

lets not kid ourselves, this season is still n the balance, I hate to have to say it, the division is too tight

I don’t think any of us are under the illusion it’s job done but in the past two games we’ve got 6 points closer to safety with probably only 4 points needed to survive! Too many on here read everything as black or white!!!

4 to 5 points needed in 7 games.
Not all over but in a far stronger position than at any stage this season

Exactly. This season mirrors last in some ways, the way it is ending. With Whyte back next week, and the way the last few games have gone, what irony would there be if we ended up 5 to 8 points outside the play offs, having won the majority of the 7 games left, including Luton.

I think Nelson, Browne, Garbutt, Graham, Sinclair and Carruthers will go - which includes IMO a pretty large proportion of the senior players (maybe not of the squad, you are right). We won't re-sign Obika or Shearer and I am guessing that Hall's career with us is in the balance. I am also not that convinced that we won't sell one or two of our younger 'assets' to pay for incoming players.

Which will leave us (if we don't sell any) with:

GK - Eastwood, Stevens (that's fine IMO)
Central defenders - Dickie (! - a few more bodies needed there!)
Left back - Ruffels (if he is to continue there - cover needed at the very least)
Right back - Long and Hanson (again if he now a defender) (not convinced that we don't need someone else there as well/instead)
DM - Mousinho, Kashi (if we sign him) That's OK, with a youngster as an understudy - if that is to be Hansen, we need another right back.
AM - Sykes, Brannagan, Baptiste, Henry (thats fine - maybe an embarrassment of riches? This is where I think we might sell.)
Wide right - Whyte
Wide left - ?
Striker - Mackie (!!!)
It’s a better base than we’ve had in the last two close seasons though, isn’t it? If we can manage not to sell anyone and hopefully sign Graham. We need some continuity
I haven't included the like of Spasov, Lopes, Jones, Jonte Smith etc - they may or may not be able to step up to be first team regulars. We look perilously light in central defence, out wide and up front.

Wrong thread (and possibly too early) for this discussion though....

Great moment yesterday when sitting in that little bakery they had just outside the bar in the Ricoh centre. Hospitality guests and past players continually filing through, all smart and proper. Suddenly, "The kids from Degrasi street," turn up, jeans, t-shirts and trainers, Jerome and entourage, Selfy, looking like he had a good night on Friday, and Nathan. The only thing missing was their skateboards.

lets not kid ourselves, this season is still n the balance, I hate to have to say it, the division is too tight
2 wins ...next 2 games should be wins... will add 6 points to our total, making 52 points ... IMO enough to ensure were in L1 next season .... 6 points needed from 7 games, ought to be achievable , with maybe a few more points earned to spare too

Last season from block 4 to now we got 22 points. This season in the same period, we have gained 35 points with 1 game to spare. i'd say we are finishing much stronger than last season. It just shows how much those first 3 blocks of 5 games this season has set us back. If we had mirrored last season's start we would be on 58 points and be in 6th/7th place!

2 wins ...next 2 games should be wins... will add 6 points to our total, making 52 points ... IMO enough to ensure were in L1 next season .... 6 points needed from 7 games, ought to be achievable , with maybe a few more points earned to spare too

With how inconsistent we can be and how this league is, no game is a 'should' win.

Back
Top Bottom